• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Ostrich December

Ahh come on! I don’t mean it as an attack on you I just am a bit suspicious the station reads too cold . Like I said your station would be the coldest reading outside the mountains and foothills right now. Don’t ban me please .
Haha I'm not going to ban you. I wouldn't be entirely surprised if there was a little bit of cold air drainage going on. I didn't start really doing these massive dives until the property behind my yard was logged. My Davis station is at 22.2 so they aren't far apart

Not a single flake for me. Not surprised but disappointed; it would have been nice at least to see a dusting. I'll take a cold Christmas as a consolation though! Down to 22.5 here. I would like to see what we could have reached tonight without the wind, maybe 12 or so, maybe a tick lower?

25F here been around 25-26 for an hour or so. I’d love to get to 19 but I’m doubting as we usually run higher than forecast here by a degree or two for whatever reason

The colder the air the stronger the inversion. I've seen the temp jump up 10 degrees from -3F with just a slight breeze.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So now that today is done and over with. How does January look? Any chance were going to have storms to track?

Haha I'm not going to ban you. I wouldn't be entirely surprised if there was a little bit of cold air drainage going on. I didn't start really doing these massive dives until the property behind my yard was logged. My Davis station is at 22.2 so they aren't far apart

I live a legit cd spot. Theres a road that clears some trees and houses and crosses a railroad track I to a large expanse of open fields. Temp on good radiational cooling nights can see a 4 to 5 degree difference. @WeatherNC has also noticed this cold spot.

Back