• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Ostrich December

Yeah that map probably won’t verify.... I can’t believe y’all fall for these model runs that show warm but bash it when they show cold. Makes no sense
Most signals point to warm this year. So, the odds of that type of map turning out to be correct are higher than the reverse, imo. But that doesn't mean it has to happen. It's 16 days out, so it probably will be wrong to an extent. And I certainly don't bash cold maps. I give those Likes. But whatev.

Most signals point to warm this year. So, the odds of that type of map turning out to be correct are higher than the reverse, imo. But that doesn't mean it has to happen. It's 16 days out, so it probably will be wrong to an extent. And I certainly don't bash cold maps. I give those Likes. But whatev.
Did I mention you? No I’m just saying how people bash the cold runs but fall in love with the warm ones.... and you are right it is whatever because it’s 16 days out

Easy to see the differences here on the controls (very similar to there ensemble suite), trop forcing is more centered around the IO on the EPS c which is better than the GEFS c maritime continent solution View attachment 55902View attachment 55903
Yep we get more Indian Ocean convection like the EPS shows, we might open the door for +PNA. If we can find one of those and get the ridge in about the same spot maybe a little further NW of where it is this week, we’ll basically have the equivalent air mass entering the pattern of what we see w/ big +TNH/-EPO looks. Pattern is teetering on the edge of total disaster & something really good, but if we can avoid the look on the GEFS, we might be okay

December looks to be about average thru mid-month (analysis + 7-day GFS forecast).

Huge win considering every December since 2010 has been above average in the SE US, not a single below average one here in the Carolinas in a decade. Would be nice to get some late month +PNA w/ to discharge a chunk of the absurdly cold air that will be sitting over Alaska & change our fortunes for once

1607218466656.png

Yep we get more Indian Ocean convection like the EPS shows, we might open the door for +PNA. If we can find one of those and get the ridge in about the same spot maybe a little further NW of where it is this week, we’ll basically have the equivalent air mass entering the pattern of what we see w/ big +TNH/-EPO looks. Pattern is teetering on the edge of total disaster & something really good, but if we can avoid the look on the GEFS, we might be okay

With a -WPO funneling in cold into AK, I wonder if the airmass would be reminiscent of 2018 if we were to indeed get a EPS like solution, and also wonder if the PNA ridge would want to retrograde over time, but that’s getting into the super LR

Back