• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Ostrich December

This is different, that’s at 10mb and it shows warming of the Stratospheric polar vortex/some displacement, this is good for winter weather lovers as it would likely bring a TPV along with it, 500mb is different

If the -EPO goes up as shown on the GEFS, that'll shut off the favorable wave 1/displacement forcing on the TPV & it'll likely recover without a sudden stratospheric warming event or major disruption in the following frames, arguably strengthening more after the -EPO develops actually, unless the Urals high remains strong, in which case we could open the door to a split.

The key to getting more PV displacement/disruption is keeping the heights low over the Bering Sea & NE Siberia.

Oh no is that the southeast ridge :(

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
This is not a 500mb pattern! This is at 10mb..... big difference! This is showing the potential stratospheric warming event coming up mid-month. Research "stratospheric warming effects". Sorry, Eric and Fro beat me to it.

2018 was fun. I’m not opposed to clippers. Sometimes they work out. And if you can sneak a wave underneath and they converge you can really get some fireworks.
I don’t know but Mack will have fun with them, but your right, I mean mid Jan 2018 was a example of a clipper doing the right thing at the right time

Back