• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Oppressive Ornery Obstinate Opposite October

I don't think the mountains really want this much. This happens in the 6-10 day range so likely will be much different, but still don't like to see something like this.
gfs_apcpn_us_40.png

gfs_T850_us_53.png
It's that time of year again. Just a hint at what fantasy storms the GFS will offer us.
gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_52.png
Get use to the Ohio valley runners! It's going to be a common theme this winter, with lots of CAD events, but just 40s and drizzle, no icing or snow! :(

I don't think the mountains really want this much. This happens in the 6-10 day range so likely will be much different, but still don't like to see something like this.
gfs_apcpn_us_40.png

I wish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get use to the Ohio valley runners! It's going to be a common theme this winter, with lots of CAD events, but just 40s and drizzle, no icing or snow! :(
Well maybe for your back yard, but my hopes are still alive for a great winter, Lol.

As for winter forecasts I'm done with models, I'm just gonna keep note of the drivers(ENSO, QBO, etc
.) and the overall pattern looking into winter.

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk

As for winter forecasts I'm done with models, I'm just gonna keep note of the drivers(ENSO, QBO, etc
.) and the overall pattern looking into winter.

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk
+ NAO and - PNA ... what more could you ask for on October 2nd if you want a reversal sometime in December ... o_O

Good Lord just looked at the forecast the next 7 days and it looks like summer is going to hang on a while longer. Lows in the mid 60s a few days ! Wouldn't surprise me if the lows end up being in the upper 60s.

Gfs for the most part, has been showing/hinting at a nice pattern change temp wise in the LR. Lets hope it does. I rather take my chances now than take a chance later.

00z Euro seems to be a little quicker with the cold shot and further east with tropical system.. not sure what the over/under on that is. 00z Gfs also showing first frost for the Tenn valley in about 14 days... yeah yeah, sure. Gonna save this screenshot and compare to the actual.
gfs_T2m_us_50.png

00z Euro seems to be a little quicker with the cold shot and further east with tropical system.. not sure what the over/under on that is. 00z Gfs also showing first frost for the Tenn valley in about 14 days... yeah yeah, sure. Gonna save this screenshot and compare to the actual.
gfs_T2m_us_50.png
We all know the actual will be much warmer.

Euro looked good for some drought relief, in the areas that need it! Key is there's a lot of unsettledness in the gulf, whatever form it evolves into, just need it to come N/NE into the SE!

It's amazing what a difference well above vs near normal feels like this time of year. Near normal isn't feeling bad at all to me.

Too bad it looks like it'll be well above again for a stretch soon. Maybe that will be the last time ah hahahaha no. We'll still have days through the winter that are well above to well well above.

Brent,
The 0Z GFS says you'll be near freezing on 10/17 in the Dallas area! That would be their earliest freeze on record!

Back