• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Oh my its July

Yep fizzled as it got here, not surprised those storms last night stole the show
The line of storms seemed pretty good today, too. I didn't get anything yesterday, and had a severe warned storm today with lots of thunder, lightning and rain. I saw pics from a friend in Greensboro of trees down there. This line also produced some tornado warnings, and is still going at the coast.

4:37 PM Tornado Warning continues for South Central Onslow County; weather spotters reported a rotating walk cloud.

At 431 PM EDT, trained weather spotters reported a rotating wall
cloud over Sea View Pier, or near North Topsail Beach, moving
northeast at 15 mph.

HAZARD...Tornado.

SOURCE...Weather spotters confirmed wall cloud.

IMPACT...Flying debris will be dangerous to those caught without
shelter. Mobile homes will be damaged or destroyed. Damage
to roofs, windows, and vehicles will occur. Tree damage is
likely.

Locations impacted include...
North Topsail Beach, Folkstone, Onslow Beach, Sneads Ferry, Sea View Pier and Holly Ridge.FB_IMG_1688935139195.jpg

The line of storms seemed pretty good today, too. I didn't get anything yesterday, and had a severe warned storm today with lots of thunder, lightning and rain. I saw pics from a friend in Greensboro of trees down there. This line also produced some tornado warnings, and is still going at the coast.
Yep, but here where I live we had big time rains last night, those storms fizzled here. I didn't say it fizzled in other areas, just here

As usual everything weakened out right before it got to me. It gets frustrating watching lines fall apart almost every time they approach. They usually stay strong to the NE and SE and split right around this area.
178ad8cb174116a723fff7dd27d549a9.jpg

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

The line yesterday helped but I've been unlucky over the past several days...only 1.04 for the month so far

12 actually looks pretty good. Rainfall amounts are probably underdone, if the 500 mb pattern comes true. No real heatwaves either.

This right here. While summer has sprung, as long as a big heat dome doesn’t set up at least we can hope for the slow normal step down in temps instead of 90’s into October.

I hope the pattern stays this way. The heat is much easier to get through if you have confidence it will end when it should.

Back