• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Oh my its July

Yep, for hot weather haters this is the month to get past. Hot/humid weather throughout with almost no breaks. Still early in the hurricane season so usually nothing to track. August can be just as hot (if not more) but the sun doesn't beat down overhead as much (sun angle). And (usually) the humidity backs off a little. Just waiting now for that first truly hot morning where I open up the door at 8am, the heat already hits you in the face, there's no wind, the sky is that milky white, and you hear those damn cicadas.

Edit: I just read that this may be a quiet year for cicadas.

Last edited:
Yep, for hot weather haters this is the month to get past. Hot/humid weather throughout with almost no breaks. Still early in the hurricane season so usually nothing to track. August can be just as hot (if not more) but the sun doesn't beat down overhead as much (sun angle). And (usually) the humidity backs off a little. Just waiting now for that first truly hot morning where I open up the door at 8am, the heat already hits you in the face, there's no wind, the sky is that milky white, and you hear those damn cicadas.

Yeah, there's just no escaping it for most, unless you are at higher elevation. Another reason it has been so nice this didn't start in May! We've got to get through these next two months and then the days of heat are numbered. Stay cool everyone.

Got plenty of them here. Not a big brood but it’s already pretty loud.

Quite a bit of wind here in the past half hour as as the old outflow boundary from the storms west of here pushed through. Not even any rain, but I would guess we had a few gusts around 30, maybe close to 40 mph.

Looks like the HRRR is going to be late to the party again on storms popping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow!!! What an unexpected storm I had earlier. Hail, strong winds and heavy rain.

Back