• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern October Thread

How's the foliage looking there ? You seeing a lot of color ?

Not at all in the city anyway(I've heard some of the elevations in SE Oklahoma have some). It was so dry and hot for so long probably hurt it. They are thinking it will probably accelerate in the next couple weeks since we're getting some solid rains and cooler temps

The Happy Hour GFS says the 12Z Euro needs to go back to its prior version...do y'all realize that the 12Z Euro was the first 10 day run incorporating a major update? I just now did. So, maybe that's why it and the 12Z EPS changed so much vs 0z??

HH GFS:
gfsop_18_h500_nx_h_0210.png

12Z Euro (based on new version):
ecmop_12_h500_nx_h_0216.png

Like night and day!!

18Z GFS 2M showing incoming chilly air:
View attachment 92587

12Z Euro is just a litle bit warmer:
View attachment 92588
What these model runs are telling me is that some sort of a pattern change is about to take place… for better or worse. I have a feeling that we’re about to go into a fairly variable pattern with plenty of swings in temperatures.

The Happy Hour GFS says the 12Z Euro needs to go back to its prior version...do y'all realize that the 12Z Euro was the first 10 day run incorporating a major update? I just now did. So, maybe that's why it and the 12Z EPS changed so much vs 0z??

HH GFS:
View attachment 92585

12Z Euro (based on new version):
View attachment 92586

Well that is a way to do it. Instead of making the GFS better, just wait until they make the Euro worse.

Model communism.

Back