• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern October Thread

JFC... Did he really just parade a 600+ hr +PNA? Because that ever happens.

And they gave him a bluecheck? SMDH
The ridge isn't a bad idea we are entering that window where some pac ridging becomes more likely in a nina year. The amplitude/location along with how the BN heights across AK evolve are the question

Ouch.
Hopefully in the next few years I’ll have the archive of winter storms for NC fully complete, with the longer term goal of making it into a gridded dataset that’s been quality controlled so I can take a much more detailed, closer look at things like this.
Started back up on it again this past weekend, just very time consuming to keep track of everything and manually check each and every observation individually. Oth, there’s so much bad/spurious and missing data (some of which really isn’t missing) that needs to be thoroughly sorted through, I don’t think there’s an easier way to do this.

That gulf Alaska low just won’t move out… that’s going be a serious problem
Afraid heading to to winter . Get prepared to get screwed by the pacific , it’s a hot mess for sure

I agree that the Pacific is very likely going to lead to a mild winter for the SE. But calling this a “Serious” problem is a bit melodramatic, isn’t it? It sounds like you’re intentionally trying to rile up cold winter lovers. Plus you’d probably like it yourself based on your preferences if I’m reading those preferences correctly. So for you, it wouldn’t be a problem at all, right? Unless you’re playing both sides.

Incoming ice box pattern ? View attachment 92542
I wish I could believe that cutting off and slight retrograde off the WC but it's so easy to get burned. I did notice on the eps plots there was a really chilly cluster post D10 so there's some support for it. With how the pac has been so active and progressive its hard to get on board

Geez that source region roast did a number I was expecting way more BN to our NE with such a deep TPVView attachment 92543View attachment 92544
Still not really tapping much arctic stuff the wave is more polar pacific and any influx of cold is cut off. I thought the wave moving through Canada after d10 might drive south and give us some legit stuff but the ridge got flat and wide and it mainly goes into new England gfs_Td2m_us_59.png

Back