• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern October Thread

Still not really tapping much arctic stuff the wave is more polar pacific and any influx of cold is cut off. I thought the wave moving through Canada after d10 might drive south and give us some legit stuff but the ridge got flat and wide and it mainly goes into new England View attachment 92545
Still regardless dew points like this will make any air crispy to the touch and will still certainly feel like fall around here .. pleasant afternoons in the 70s with low dew points golly that’s amazing

Interesting to note that the models aren’t too terribly different with how the evolution of these troughs and ridges set up the major difference is clearly a massive upper level low that gets caught under the ridging which traps it and continues cool air intrusions into our area.. the thing to look at going forward is do we keep this upper level low or does it go poof like the euro shows.. regardless the euro does rapidly build riding near the west coast and I would assume we could see reflection in the later portion of the euro with some troughing our way although nothing significant 483149E4-A8A8-4493-A156-E1E90814FC3A.jpeg8318E84E-FE6E-452E-8B92-2D6DB2BD6154.jpeg

Interesting to note that the models aren’t too terribly different with how the evolution of these troughs and ridges set up the major difference is clearly a massive upper level low that gets caught under the ridging which traps it and continues cool air intrusions into our area.. the thing to look at going forward is do we keep this upper level low or does it go poof like the euro shows.. regardless the euro does rapidly build riding near the west coast and I would assume we could see reflection in the later portion of the euro with some to roughing out way although nothing significant View attachment 92561View attachment 92562
GFS amped euro not amped and more fast I say euro

Easy. Free SouthernWx working cruise for any members interested to drop as much dry ice as possible on the Maritime Continent. Maybe we can get Mack to go on another cruise, but he'll have to work during part of it.
Had a feeling that look was gonna pop back up I just don’t like the way that trough is sitting in the pacific if it decides to propagate east any bit we get ridged

Had a feeling that look was gonna pop back up I just don’t like the way that trough is sitting in the pacific if it decides to propagate east any bit we get ridged
gfs_chi200_global_30.png
:( P1 in fall stinks

The mean looks a little better and might be part of the wash out of the pac trough later in the rungfs-ens_chi200_global_27.png

But we are likely to either extend the jet or move the trough east in the extended and probably ridge the east heading into Halloween.

Last edited:
Back