• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern October Thread

Feels like we’re continuing to push things back and keep this western trough/eastern ridge regime in place View attachment 91975
I don’t think any models had it breaking up at this time even the past few days seems like everything is on track as models have shown past week

I don’t think any models had it breaking up at this time even the past few days seems like everything is on track as models have shown past week
Gefs showed pac jet retraction with the AK vortex sliding towards the Aleutians and lowering heights here, now it’s trended much warmer
Before 180D7407-0D18-4C93-A6EE-079F3EFF02B4.png4018621F-3DB7-40E3-A288-482D39843E84.png
Now 0C94101E-B91A-4ACF-80BA-7C1F4B0F03B6.pngDE82913C-49E2-451F-A991-AA0475DFAF0B.png
Cmon cold weenie do better

Above average for most of us for the forseeable future, which should make fro happy. I tell you what though; I miss the Octobers of yesteryear, when we could expect 60s and 40s to start rolling in and getting those leaves turning. It was actually a very nice September for my neck of the woods, but October not looking like its going to cooperate. And as for leaf color; I can't remember the last fall with really good widespread color. The last number of years have been late and very dull to almost non existent color for the upstate at least. Maybe connected to the very wet years of late but I would love an old fashioned fall with the cooler nights and bright deep color!

Above average for most of us for the forseeable future, which should make fro happy. I tell you what though; I miss the Octobers of yesteryear, when we could expect 60s and 40s to start rolling in and getting those leaves turning. It was actually a very nice September for my neck of the woods, but October not looking like its going to cooperate. And as for leaf color; I can't remember the last fall with really good widespread color. The last number of years have been late and very dull to almost non existent color for the upstate at least. Maybe connected to the very wet years of late but I would love an old fashioned fall with the cooler nights and bright deep color!
❤️

the pacific pattern is just…. Terrible View attachment 92003
Should help some of the big drought areas in the west and plains. That's about all I got.

Maybe the system early next week is a little more impressive and flattens the pattern briefly and we can get a dew point drop.... maybe...

Roll the D7 analogs forward and you end up here around the last week of Oct into early November give or take a few days
View attachment 92006
Is it too early to start the Nov thread because Oct is just gonna suck lol

Is it too early to start the Nov thread because Oct is just gonna suck lol
Gefs continue to try to retrograde us out with a weaker pac jet but they are notorious for trying to do so in the extended (see modeled winter patterns D10+ since 2005 for examples). We get out eventually and probably reverse the anomalies but boy it's going to be tough around here for 2-3 weeks

Should help some of the big drought areas in the west and plains. That's about all I got.

Maybe the system early next week is a little more impressive and flattens the pattern briefly and we can get a dew point drop.... maybe...
Yeah, because honestly looking at the forecast the next 10-14 days, high temperatures aren’t bad at all… mostly upper 70s to around 80 which is nothing unusual for this time of the year. Where we’re getting above average is our lows which is obviously due to the higher dews

Yeah, because honestly looking at the forecast the next 10-14 days, high temperatures aren’t bad at all… mostly upper 70s to around 80 which is nothing unusual for this time of the year. Where we’re getting above average is our lows which is obviously due to the higher dews
Looking at the eps spreads the large % of members are 85 or less. We are getting to the point of the year where it's hard to be truly hot I believe RDUs records fall below 90 next week. If anything it's just an incredibly annoying pattern when most of us would rather be in the 70s for highs 50s for lows with dews in the 40s & 50s

Back