• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern October Thread

@SD
Bump. Is it too late to add "Hotober" to the voting list? It was accidentally left off as it was the 2nd suggestion. There are still a few hours left! Or maybe extend the voting hours?
I missed it sorry about that. We can only have 10 options on the poll so I would have to scrap this one and restart. Can we meet in the middle since last year was named hotober and I'll be sure to get your names on the list in the future?

I missed it sorry about that. We can only have 10 options on the poll so I would have to scrap this one and restart. Can we meet in the middle since last year was named hotober and I'll be sure to get your names on the list in the future?

That's fine. No worries! I'm just playing. I don't really care that much but I find it funny that the first half of the month is headed in that direction.

Last October was actually "October Odyssey" per this:

October Odyssey | SouthernWX

That's fine. No worries! I'm just playing. I don't really care that much but I find it funny that the first half of the month is headed in that direction.

Last October was actually "October Odyssey" per this:

October Odyssey | SouthernWX
You are right it was 2019. I feel like I'm a year behind

Past October thread names here were interesting:

2020: October Odyssey
2019: Hotober (not my thread)
2018: October Oscitance
2017: Oppressive Ornery Obstinate Opposite October
Nice to see we've finally matured

To be honest for at least most of the Carolinas the low temps are making those warmer 2M temp maps more scary then it is in reality, daytime temps are amazing, but those lows are pretty warm View attachment 91801View attachment 91802
I was just about to bring this up … really after this Sunday I don’t see “Heat” being that much of a thing anymore .. while yes those night are warmer so averages look more deadly but day time Highs barely being able to break 80 and really staying in the mid 70s .. quite amazing if you ask me

Also models are starting to look very interesting as we continue the trend of lower H5 heights across much of the country as we start heading into mid next week and beyond .. euro has basically the whole US in a large trough type of deal come the end of its run … it’s clear to see there is a pattern change coming and it’s easy to see when models have been all over the place with solutions in the medium to long range .. exciting stuff really

Also strat warming going on right now and over the next month or so really continues to excite my thought on the potential of an early bout of winter here in the SE for maybe December as a whole .. what happens after that all bets are off but I’m excited about prospects of an early taste of winter (at least for SE standards as we don’t usually start any type of real winter potential until January)

Also strat warming going on right now and over the next month or so really continues to excite my thought on the potential of an early bout of winter here in the SE for maybe December as a whole .. what happens after that all bets are off but I’m excited about prospects of an early taste of winter (at least for SE standards as we don’t usually start any type of real winter potential until January)
Something like a December 2018 redux is what I’m thinking .. obviously doesn’t mean the entire winter is good but we get a possible early chance

How did the forecast go from warm sunny pleasant to cloudy muggy . Shoot . All I want is sunshine and warmth . Also those wishing for severe … won’t happen . We get like 1 severe event a year . The other 200 never pan out .
Brick??

Back