• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

October Odyssey

Can’t make this up, it’s almost like it’s a new normal to see summer in fall, lol ?
70’s were nice the last few days, but I am already looking at the low to mid 90s around here today. Thankfully another cold front will be moving in tonight to knock us back to fall tomorrow.

It's not uncommon to have a bout of warm weather in the fall. Happened all the time growing up. Hard to be in the 60s every day.
Hopefully it will be more like a pleasantly warm spell as oppose to the heat waves we had the last few fall seasons. I'll gladly take 80 for highs and 50-55 for lows.

If this is the worst of it(after today) that's nothing considering we've been in the 90s every year I've been here

Could use more rain though unlike east of here October is one of our wettest months

Screenshot_20200930-150718.png

While all of you get to enjoy some of the nice weather up north, Southern Florida will be receiving a host of weather issues for next two weeks.

The main issue right now is coastal flooding along the beaches that’s been going on for about a month. I took a drive along Highway A1A that runs along between the beaches and intercostal waters yesterday to check it out. There are multiple parking lots, small houses, and roads under a foot of water from North Miami to Deerfield Beach. The worst of it is near Miami. My friend in Dania Beach has had constant flooding in the parking garage of his condo. Last year we had some of the highest waters I’ve ever seen, but it looks like it’ll be worse this year as we head into October and November. This is a video from last week.

Next we have a frontal boundary that’s stalling around South Florida for the next 5 days, and that’s going to hit someone with a 6” lollipop. Then all attention turns to the tropics, and I don’t know WTF is going to happen in 10 days. The chances of certain demise is always around 100% in 2020.

Back