• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

October Odyssey

Along with the rain and wind tomorrow night, the forecast low is 70. One degree higher than the average high for the date. At least after that a good long cool spell is in order.

One inch of rain overnight to now is definitely not a good stage setter when Zeta rolls in tomorrow. Soil is going to be soaked ahead of the winds.

Smoky Mountains and maybe some spots on the Blue Ridge Parkway will be dangerous with all the wind.

Hopefully, it’s being monitored. I was unlucky enough to be in the park when a very strong front moved through. Very scary limbs falling down all around us trees fell and blocked us from getting out of there. This time last year. Cloudy and light drizzle made it miserable. No cell phone signal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks very windy though, lows stay above freezing.
TWC now has Charlotte with a low of 32 Tuesday morning after a high of only 53 on Monday. If the winds calm and skies stay clear, I could definitely see the city drop to 30 with upper 20s in outlying areas. I think this would CLT’s 1st October freeze since 2010.

TWC now has Charlotte with a low of 32 Tuesday morning after a high of only 53 on Monday. If the winds calm and skies stay clear, I could definitely see the city drop to 30 with upper 20s in outlying areas. I think this would CLT’s 1st October freeze since 2010.
2010!!!!!

There have been extreme power and internet problems the past 24 hours. Damage from the ice storm has been extensive to the trees and there are large limbs down everywhere you look. It will probably take several days to clean up the trees alone. Overall, this has been easily one of the worst ice storms I have seen and I’m sure it’s been a while since Oklahoma has experienced one of this magnitude as well. The fact that this happened in October of all times in unprecedented as well.

Back