• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe October 27-29 Severe Potential

One thing I have to say about this event. Is I feel cape is being vastly under modeled. There's a surplus of high instability. Right off the shore, with a strong LLJ. Should be pumping it into the south. As we get closer I feel this should be shown, typically models uptick as things get closer. The amount of factors into potentially tornadic storms is kind've worrying. There's a reason why there was a risk outlined 6 days in advance. I'm going to go out on a limb and say we will probably get near the threshold 2000 for the southern half Mississippi and Alabama. And also the pressure has constantly been going down with each model run. The height falls are very impressive for this to be near a 1000mb low. The lower this thing gets the more windhsear and more volatile things will get. Which I also think the low will be a decent bit deeper than modeled currently. But if we're looking for a event to be a big producer this looks like it can be one. Wind fields already look crazy. Something you usually don't see even in spring lol. Screenshot_20211023-093125-109.pngScreenshot_20211023-093043-854.png

The south half of miss and Alabama is still in the bullseye lining up with the spc risk area as well. Don't focus on the risk area per the analogs though. It's always fluctuating. The main point is that similar events to this one, have produced stuffScreenshot_20211023-094144-601.png

That upper level low off the east coast really prevents moisture return from going to far north, the more east you go especially. It does setup a boundary tho 646E5579-3AF7-4B15-95C4-9FB3B1BEB09B.png

That upper level low off the east coast really prevents moisture return from going to far north, the more east you go especially. It does setup a boundary tho View attachment 93349
Yeah looks like we may miss out on the second severe threat but we get an exclusive with the first one … everyone eats!

Keeps ticking down in pressure almost in the 980s. Now waiting for the 12z euro run. The precip is streaky which don't look good ?Screenshot_20211023-111724.png

wind fields are screaming. It won't take much for 2000j to migrate north into the southern half of bama and miss. 70 dew points are forecast for a big chunk of the southern half of these states. 500j doesn't seem to be high enough.

12z Euro has very cellular convection. Small warm sector, euro depicts cells riding behind the warm front as it progresses north. Screenshot_20211023-140542-303.pngScreenshot_20211023-140634-137.png

Back