• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Novemburrr

The downward circulation response from the stratosphere takes several weeks-few months to materialize. You're not going to see any benefits that early
Hmm yeah the tweet suggests we could see ramifications around late November with that arrow but heck if you’re right that would put us at a great time in peak climo! Certainly would be nice to see

I personally like waking up late but having it only be 9-10 ocklock and having more day to do stuff. The light leaving early doesn’t effect me as much at this point in my life plus gotta get the sun down early so snow can start making an appearance at a good time ??

I personally like waking up late but having it only be 9-10 ocklock and having more day to do stuff. The light leaving early doesn’t effect me as much at this point in my life plus gotta get the sun down early so snow can start making an appearance at a good time ??
This means when we have a snow day, the snow day lasts an hour longer. :)

If the progression of mjo into phases 4 5 and 6 is correct, the models and ensembles should start showing big cold shots east of rocky mountains with regularity

There's really no cold signal in the short-term from phase 4-6 MJO. It only occurs when it reaches 8-2 at very large positive lag (20-25+ days) (bottom right part of this diagram). Even then, there's signal for a SE ridge/-PNA

whmjo6.ond.t850composite.web.png

Im loving this getting dark early because it's just a step closer to winter.

Looks like we have a few shots of cold in the 6 to 10 day time frame but out from that is a crap shoot.
Glad you made ya a profile not enough of us MTN posters. And I like how we're sitting atm considering it's early November.

Glad you made ya a profile not enough of us MTN posters. And I like how we're sitting atm considering it's early November.

Oh man im a looong time member over here. Im sure SD remembers me and Cold Rain lol. A few others but I just got out of the habit of posting over here as much. Seemed like some drama or what not but looks like a lot of solid posters here now.

Euro says wait till Monday for upslope after NCSNOW has left town. GFS says to go pound sand everyone, tourist and locals. Nada Burger

Back