• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern November Knock-Out

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_44.png
GFS trying this morning
Too far out & honestly, all that is cold chasing moisture.

Sent from my SM-J327T1 using Tapatalk

gfs_T2m_us_45.png
Temps during the event, pretty close. Ive been watching this time frame and models has been back n forth with something. So something to keep watch

Looks to me more like a frontal passage, then some overrunning into arctic cold
Cold chasing moisture, as we know it, this will look different on every run between now and then.
d61406e19e8634862f69a332c90dd093.gif

Looks like someone needs to explain the QPF maps and what a cold front is again this winter.

Not me, ain't doin it....

Now the Euro on the other hand makes you rub your chin a little.

Looks like someone needs to explain the QPF maps and what a cold front is again this winter.

Not me, ain't doin it....

Now the Euro on the other hand makes you rub your chin a little.

THIS^^^^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cold chasing moisture, as we know it, this will look different on every run between now and then.

yep your correct... nothing to see here...

I actually think we could sneak something in that weekend. Just enough blocking

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
It's going to be fairly cold pre Thanksgiving weekend, for sure! Just need to check timing later.
Just to have this look , in November, only 7-8 days out, is winning after the last two winters!

Imagine that, monster cold shot not coming! Shocked and awed! Never seen that before! Winter cancel

Per the MDA forecast through 11/26, KATL will likely end up quite close to normal instead of warm for November as a whole, which is of course a victory vs how it looked about 2 week ago and also how it looked as of the end of week 1 of Nov., when they were +11! I say "victory" from the perspective of those who don't want Nov to end up warm, which appears to now be the dominant desire based on almost all comments here lately rooting for cold. Not only am I happy that November is acting like November but also I continue to feel that the colder the better for winter prospects overall due to a weak correlation of Nov to DJF for temperatures from my perspective.

Back