• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern November Knock-Out

GEFS concurs, looks like a potentially cold Thanksgiving....
gfs-ens_T850a_us_61.png

Hey!
Surface temps are a bit cool, as well ...

gfs-ens_T2m_us_fh360-360.gif

:eek:

... and FWIW, the NAO and PNA are not looking shabby leading in to Turkey Day ...

4indices.png

We'll see ... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I like brief bouts of cold weather. I would imagine that living in a place where it stays cold for months at a time would eventually wear on you and make you hate the cold.

I think somewhere like Indianapolis, Cincinnati or Columbus Ohio would be perfect to live. You get a decent amount of snow but not to much. By the time winter is over you’d actually look forward to summer. I just can’t stand the summers in the south.

I think somewhere like Indianapolis, Cincinnati or Columbus Ohio would be perfect to live. You get a decent amount of snow but not to much. By the time winter is over you’d actually look forward to summer. I just can’t stand the summers in the south.
I'm normally ready for summer as I'm worn out from tracking winter storms that fail

Hey!
Surface temps are a bit cool, as well ...

gfs-ens_T2m_us_fh360-360.gif

:eek:

... and FWIW, the NAO and PNA are not looking shabby leading in to Turkey Day ...

4indices.png

We'll see ... :rolleyes:
If anything it will feel like the season, Thanksgiving in shorts sucks

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I like brief bouts of cold weather. I would imagine that living in a place where it stays cold for months at a time would eventually wear on you and make you hate the cold.

Which is probably why my wife, who grew up in Montana, hates the cold and snow. The opposite is true for me. I lived in Florida for so long it made me hate the heat and humidity.

The older I get the more I hate summers in the south. I just can't stand how long it lasts. It takes a toll. People who enjoy summers in the south need to have their head examined.

The older I get the more I hate summers in the south. I just can't stand how long it lasts. It takes a toll. People who enjoy summers in the south need to have their head examined.
That's why God gave us the intellect and capacity to invent A/C ... :eek:

Seriously.... How did you survive before A/C ?
Seriously, growing up I knew no better (and I lived in Jax, on the river, so there was always a good breeze, and houses were built differently - very high ceilings and lots of windows for cross ventilation ...); no way a place like Gainesville would be habitable without A/C from May to September (and it wasn't - even the Courthouse was shut during those months until A/C arrived in the mid-1960's).

Don't wanna start posting IMBY stuff, but this kind of gives a good overview ... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gainesville,_Florida#Climate

Last edited:
It's 53 in Birmingham, 59 in Atlanta, and 50 in Athens. Not sure whether the cold air is coming from the Northeast, Northwest, East, West, or North.

I'm beginning to dislike summer as well. It's fun until about July 4th then it's just misery.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back