• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern November 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few things I'm seeing going into the back half of November.

I'm ever-so-slightly favoring a return of the +PNA near month's end, but I'm not confident in it. I do believe though it'll be much less negative than it has been of late though as the Pacific Jet stream extends later in the month in response to returning Maritime Continent - West Pac convection and a possible E Asia Mountain Torque event. The presence of troughing near the Aleutians should squash the Gulf of Alaska ridge at least somewhat I honestly think between the +PNA & -NAO, we're more likely to see the -NAO show up first & perhaps more strongly at that.

Late November this year reminds me a lot of the latter part of last December actually. Mild overall for most of the forum, with maybe a few CAD events thrown in for the Carolinas. Luckily, we're seeing this pattern show up in late November when our snow climo is meh-garbage, and not in late December or late January, so we're really not wasting any winter. Even so, a -NAO/negative - neutral PNA might actually be a good way to build some legitimate snow cover up over southern Canada, the central US, Great Lakes, & perhaps New England as we go into December.

Screen Shot 2022-10-29 at 7.32.33 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-10-29 at 7.32.41 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-10-29 at 7.32.55 PM.png

Maybe a warm Nov. to cold Dec for a change? Sept and this month have been cool. We're fed up with frigid Nov. leading into balmy Dec or, in some cases, the whole winter for the past decade.
The southeast has seen several cool to cold Novembers with not much snow in the months after. I'm all for a shake up in the pattern if it finally leads to a snowy outcome.

???

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_seus_42.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back