• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Nippy November

That pretty much goes for anytime during the winter.....

February 1989 is arguably the most classic example of that in your neck of the woods. Temps approached the upper 70s-near 80F on multiple occasions right before big winter storms.

So much for warm ground temps and a higher sun angle...

Screen Shot 2019-11-10 at 9.39.22 AM.png

I find it odd that Bermuda will be cooler the the States. I don’t think GEFS is picking up on a strong -NAO and is causing temps to torch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The GEFS is picking up on the NAO more than the EPS actually. It's pretty normal for us to be mild or torch during the onset phase of the NAO when the Scandinavian ridge has yet to begin retrograding towards Greenland.

The GEFS is picking up on the NAO more than the EPS actually. It's pretty normal for us to be mild or torch during the onset phase of the NAO when the Scandinavian ridge has yet to begin retrograding towards Greenland.
As long as I'm not running AC at Christmas and things are starting to cool by then I'll take it

namconus_asnow_seus_23.png
just for fun

While you may get some desperation excitement from cold chasing moisture in February, it’s a waste of time right now IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It may not happen at all, but I'm having fun regardless, LOL!!

Don’t get tricked haha, most of that “snow” the gfs is showing is just trickery, if you look at its simulated radar and soundings in that “snow” band, DGZs are completely dry, suggesting no snow development and CAA along with drying aloft has shut off precip, GFS did that with the anafrontal failure last winter which was tricky 35307E86-4772-4413-867C-50AF182BD981.jpeg35494023-0317-4CC9-B576-E0B8A384C0EF.jpeg

Don’t get tricked haha, most of that “snow” the gfs is showing is just trickery, if you look at its simulated radar and soundings in that “snow” band, DGZs are completely dry, suggesting no snow development and CAA along with drying aloft has shut off precip, GFS did that with the anafrontal failure last winter which was tricky View attachment 25753View attachment 25754
Not taking in effect on ground temps either ...yeah I said it...cause it’s the first frozen precip chance coming out of fall... it will play factor ...

Don’t get tricked haha, most of that “snow” the gfs is showing is just trickery, if you look at its simulated radar and soundings in that “snow” band, DGZs are completely dry, suggesting no snow development and CAA along with drying aloft has shut off precip, GFS did that with the anafrontal failure last winter which was tricky View attachment 25753View attachment 25754
I'll be happy just to get some sleet pellets out of it, lol. Which is possible assuming the short range models and gefs has been showing. Small chance but its there

Not taking in effect on ground temps either ...yeah I said it...cause it’s the first frozen precip chance coming out of fall... it will play factor ...
It will probably be nothing more than some sleet pellets or freezing drizzle.

Back