• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Nippy November

More blues are showing
GEFSSE_prec_snens_060.png

I honestly wouldn't mind this pattern on the Euro verifying. The EPS, taking verbatim, favors a lot of LP. However as Webb mentioned, with blocking, colder ar would be more favored to make Its way into the CONUS over time. Not the worst pattern if this continues into our prime climo.
1574683200-0a0SS5ztTvM.png
1574683200-2HHmZttvOmQ.png

1574683200-RIViAupLeM0.png

Last edited:
I honestly wouldn't mind this pattern on the Euro verifying. The EPS, taking verbatim, favors a lot of LP. However as Webb mentioned, with blocking, colder ar would be more favored to make Its way into the CONUS over time. Not the worst pattern if this continues into our prime climo.
1574683200-0a0SS5ztTvM.png
1574683200-2HHmZttvOmQ.png

1574683200-RIViAupLeM0.png
Ollie, post the 11-15 day maps if you can

February 1989 is arguably the most classic example of that in your neck of the woods. Temps approached the upper 70s-near 80F on multiple occasions right before big winter storms.

So much for warm ground temps and a higher sun angle...

View attachment 25741

I love that your site has the Feb 1989 hit mapped, it was a monster and there is little out there about it and its not often remembered when folks talk about 1989 or big NC snows in general and its probably my #2 storm......its always the big coastal in Dec 1989 everyone talks about ( rightfully so in its own right) ....actually it was a hell of a week in Feb 89 seems like I remember there being storms and tornados even maybe on the 21/22....then a few days later a foot of snow...

Back