• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Nippy November

NAM really pushing qpf and snow high here. 3 inches on kuchera.

It’ll be a race to get down to 32 as the heavy precip moves through. Then NW flow will help with some fluffy stuff on the back side.

nam gives me a 3 hr period of light/moderate snow then more of NW flow showers.

I’d call that a good Tuesday morning

NAM really pushing qpf and snow high here. 3 inches on kuchera.

It’ll be a race to get down to 32 as the heavy precip moves through. Then NW flow will help with some fluffy stuff on the back side.

nam gives me a 3 hr period of light/moderate snow then more of NW flow showers.

I’d call that a good Tuesday morning

Yea you guys in Tennessee are looking good, north Alabama too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s funny that the NAM has been trending at wanting to nearly phase the NS energy and ULL near Mexico, probably the reason for a better response in moisture in southern Texas, likely to late for anything crazy to happen now tho 65B8CF06-453C-4776-9101-4A884BBF57CD.gif

As gefs has been consistently showing, these southern solutions are starting to show
namconus_asnow_seus_24.png
I agree the gefs is picking up some solutions but the question becomes will it show for us in central parts of Alabama??? probably less likely i guess

It’s funny that the NAM has been trending at wanting to nearly phase the NS energy and ULL near Mexico, probably the reason for a better response in moisture in southern Texas, likely to late for anything crazy to happen now tho View attachment 25726

yep any extra energy fed into the front will beef it up significantly.

still long range NAM though so could just be the NAM haha. I’m expecting some light snow showers at best right now.

I agree the gefs is picking up some solutions but the question becomes will it show for us in central parts of Alabama??? probably less likely i guess
I mean, idk really but like others said it's only November, but given that we have an "January" artic air mass coming next week why not get something lol.

I mean, idk really but like others said it's only November, but given that we have an "January" artic air mass coming next week why not get something lol.
I agree but we didn't score at all or see any snowflake drop here in Tuscaloosa last winter... I just hope we at least get to see something regardless if its only november or any other months in the winter

I agree but we didn't score at all or see any snowflake drop here in Tuscaloosa last winter... I just hope we at least get to see something regardless if its only november or any other months in the winter
I understand, well hopefully we can see something. I'm really pushing this like I push my associates at work lol!!

It’s funny that the NAM has been trending at wanting to nearly phase the NS energy and ULL near Mexico, probably the reason for a better response in moisture in southern Texas, likely to late for anything crazy to happen now tho View attachment 25726
I wouldn't call it a near phase per say, the frontal wave and the S/W are interacting with each other. You're right though, more interaction between the frontal wave and the S/W would mean higher moisture content. With this feature that you noted on, I would continue to monitor that for sure. If the moisture hangs around long enough in time for the colder air to reach far south, there could be some frozen precip nearly down to the Gulf coast.

Something has got my attention, I will be watching that wave that comes down through Montana that progresses south east. The frontal wave is going to interact with the S/W due to the wake of the front. Which, this will help weakly pull the S/W to the east . Now, the wave that moves south east from Montana could phase with the S/W which would transpire into a storm system. Would it be a winter storm system? Don't know, but I'm just pointing out what has my attention. Will be watching it this upcoming week. gfs_z500_vort_us_15.png

Last edited:
Something has got my attention, I will be watching that wave that comes down through Montana that progress south east. The frontal wave is going to interact with the S/W due to the wake of the front. Which, this will help weakly pull the S/W to the east . Now, the wave that moves south east from Montana could phase with the S/W which would transpire into a storm system. Would it be a winter storm system? Don't know, but I'm just pointing out what has my attention. Will be watching it this upcoming week. View attachment 25730
If it don’t happen by Wednesday, it’ll be all rain

Something has got my attention, I will be watching that wave that comes down through Montana that progress south east. The frontal wave is going to interact with the S/W due to the wake of the front. Which, this will help weakly pull the S/W to the east . Now, the wave that moves south east from Montana could phase with the S/W which would transpire into a storm system. Would it be a winter storm system? Don't know, but I'm just pointing out what has my attention. Will be watching it this upcoming week. View attachment 25730
I've been watching that to. Gefs has been showing these southern solutions for the past few runs. Maybe this can go along with what your talking about

I don't think it will happen by Wednesday, if any storm system, it would occur sometime late next week or next weekend. If things turn out differently, that S/W could still turn out to be a winter storm. Another thing to watch for is that PV anomaly, the cold is actually going to "re-generate" and the cold could possibly move further south and east in time as the S/W moves in the southeast region. View attachment 25731
I think he’s saying that If it shows rain on Wednesday or no precipitation, It’s probably going to be rain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back