• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Nippy November

GEFSSE_prec_snens_126.png
I will take e20 and call it a winter bullseye right over t town

I don't think it will happen by Wednesday, if any storm system, it would occur sometime late next week or next weekend. If things turn out differently, that S/W could still turn out to be a winter storm. Another thing to watch for is that PV anomaly, the cold is actually going to "re-generate" and the cold could possibly move further south and east in time as the S/W moves in the southeast region. View attachment 25731
SE Canada vortex may act as a “50/50 low” stronger it is and more south, the more CAA/high pressure but also more suppression

Does anyone have 0z cmc? TT stuck on 24 for the past hr or so

SE Canada vortex may act as a “50/50 low” stronger it is and more south, the more CAA/high pressure but also more suppression
True, definitely don't want more suppression. The 0z CMC does have that PV slightly further south than 0z GFS. Southern edge of PV is reaching the Great Lakes down into the far Northeast US. gem_z500a_namer_23.png

The moisture is getting juicier and expanding if only we can get the cold air to already be in place before the moisture comes and also if the system will be a slow mover instead of a fast mover
The cold isn't already going to be in place in the southeast region, but the cold does catch up to the back edge of the moisture west of the mountains of the southeast region. By the time the cold air makes it over the mountains, most of the moisture will be gone. The moisture will be high tailing it behind the front.

The cold isn't already going to be in place in the southeast region, but the cold does catch up to the back edge of the moisture west of the mountains of the southeast region. By the time the cold air makes it over the mountains, most of the moisture will be gone. The moisture will be high tailing it behind the front.
Basically the usual cold chasing moisture

32 with freezing fog this morning. We’ve had a ton of fog the past couple of weeks around here.

Still a low end chance that a few lucky people across central nc may briefly see a few flakes on Tuesday afternoon. I'm not entirely solid on the idea but with the sfc front clearing quickly, caa moving in and maybe a batch or 2 of precip on the cold side of the front it's not impossible.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Reloading and dumping all of the cold air into Eurasia & holding it there until March! Great plan!

I'll be thrilled if we end up close to average in this pattern, it's going to be a while before we turn legitimately cold again w/o the -EPO. We basically need to wait on the -NAO to have nearly run its course w/ the Scandinavian ridge having retrograded all the way towards the Baffin Bay before getting real excited & that's no less than 2.5-3 weeks off from now.

Back