• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Nippy November

Cold
gfs_T2m_seus_41.png

In 14( might be wrong year) we have snow flurries around Thanksgiving .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

e58bff2d77d746f0f987474582b37e04.jpg

Yes. Upstate SC November 1, 2014.
3 inches accumulated before Dawn. All melted by 10am due to soil temps in 60s. Was near 80 a week before event.

It seems like in November, the further west you go the better chances for wintry precip. I remember watching a Cowboys-Dolphins Thanksgiving game in Dallas in the 90s where the field was covered in ice and snow. You would never see that in Atlanta in November.

It’s easier for Dallas then Atlanta. Cold air always funnels down the rookies then moderates as it moves East. It takes a perfect setup for Atlanta or any other place in the SE to see snow.

I wouldn't completely go to sleep on the idea for an outside shot of some token flurries or sleet pellets over the most climatologically favored areas of the Carolinas around day 5-6 w/ a very weak sheared frontal wave trying to overrun a cold airmass being left by this trough over Atlantic Canada. This is a classic z500 pattern for cold air damming. The ECMWF oth isn't anywhere near as favorable

gfs_z500a_namer_25.png

It seems like in November, the further west you go the better chances for wintry precip. I remember watching a Cowboys-Dolphins Thanksgiving game in Dallas in the 90s where the field was covered in ice and snow. You would never see that in Atlanta in November.

Yeah 1993(ironically Halloween was the coldest since then) and it didnt snow the rest of winter ?

GFs trending with a slightly weaker western ridge, good H5 pattern for a event around I-40 north, been watching this one for days and it’s definitely been interesting, GFS did show a more north track tho this run, euro and GFS differ at H5 around this timeC49BF8F4-EB0F-4F35-B709-37A2A6687DA1.gif

Back