• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Naughty November

32.7 this morning but I relocated my sensor earlier this year, it's not down the hill and it's 9 ft off the ground.... I have a wireless sensor in our barn that is slightly down that hill, it read 32 (it's on the inside) so I think down the little hill in the back of our property might have touched freezing briefly. Not official and very isolated of course but a nice cold crisp morning
I've got two weather stations that are ~ 5 feet above the ground. They both briefly got to 32 this morning. I've also got one that is 6 inches off the ground. Usually it is my coldest reading (..closer to the ground); but it never got lower than 36. So in this case, the higher up the lower the temp.

Got down to 34.6 at my house this morning. The breeze kept it in the upper 40s when I went to bed at 1130 and then really dropped when the wind calmed. I think I might have a shot at 31-32 tonight if it stays clear.

Beautiful morning/day and a few more coming up this week! ?
Didn't quite get to kill bugs this morning, 33.3, but very nice!

Still say a prayer for me and my family as we go through a pretty rough time. Our neighborhood is pretty much in bad shape with incredible damage from the hurricane. We probably wont have power until maybe end of this week or next, we lost food but it's ok.

Still say a prayer for me and my family as we go through a pretty rough time. Our neighborhood is pretty much in bad shape with incredible damage from the hurricane. We probably wont have power until maybe end of this week or next, we lost food but it's ok.

I know when I worked in insurance, many renter and homeowner policies have a spoiled food coverage with a relatively low deductible. I know for USAA it was nearly instant. Call in, tell them how much was spoiled, less the deductible and they'll send you the money in minutes. I saw it a lot in storms that maybe didn't cause a lot of damage but that knocked out power for a long time. See if your policy has it!

I know when I worked in insurance, many renter and homeowner policies have a spoiled food coverage with a relatively low deductible. I know for USAA it was nearly instant. Call in, tell them how much was spoiled, less the deductible and they'll send you the money in minutes. I saw it a lot in storms that maybe didn't cause a lot of damage but that knocked out power for a long time. See if your policy has it!

Here's USAA's policy for example:

1604333635789.png

Sorry. Hear that accu prayers to you and family. And friends

70s in November is ridiculous. Way too warm.
Not in the southeast it isn’t. My average high is still 65.5 degrees and doesn’t get into the 50s until late month. That said the lows probably will be significantly above average which has been the case since last winter for the most part unfortunately. But as I’ve said many times I really don’t worry about what future weather looks like until at least early to mid December since snow season in the southeast is January-March most winters. On a side note I just got my first freeze of the season bottoming out at 27.1 degrees!

Back