• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Naughty November

Hogtown is the place to be for Dewpoint Dan. Some of the best radiation in the country for a medium sized city and for one so far south. Great parks, hospital, and restaurants. (And a bonus if you're a UF fan.)
Not sure I could handle the summers there.... I do like the size of Gainesville though. I'm not a huge fan of super big cities like Atlanta. I also like the size of Chatt and Greenville, SC. Greenville is a city that seems very attractive in the pictures I've seen and the downtown area looks impressive. I also like Greenville's location so close to the mountains and yet not far from the beach.

Last edited:
You might even want to consider Knoxville, although I don't know as much about that town... most geography forums give the tech edge to Chattanooga longer term, but the cultural edge to Knoxville. Knox is slightly larger than Chattanooga, obviously host city to a major University, etc. And close to the Smokies, which is an American tourist mecca.

You might even want to consider Knoxville, although I don't know as much about that town... most geography forums give the tech edge to Chattanooga longer term, but the cultural edge to Knoxville. Knox is slightly larger than Chattanooga, obviously host city to a major University, etc. And close to the Smokies, which is an American tourist mecca.
One thing is for sure.... if I were to ever live in TN it would be along or EAST of I-65. West of I-65 in TN doesnt really appeal to me.

This is sky high for any time of the year, especially November.

42b9bebe5694c1c332da67457463e423.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you mean marginal risk, not moderate.

Up to 1.89”, a bit of a lull, looks like the heaviest amounts will be ivo the 95 corridor through NC.
Nope. And it sure did verify huge flooding last night into this morning. This indirect flooding from ETA is worse than any tropical storm I’ve seen this year here (have seen 3 or more). Could be due to the saturated grounds and the rates are super heavy. Easily the most lightning I’ve ever had in November.37CD3C6C-A629-4D3C-83CC-EE0B61B73DA4.jpeg

Last edited:
From FFC:
Airmass over middle GA represented much better by KJAX sounding which had 2.29 PW. That is higher than
any other observed value in November there since soundings began in

Lots of swift water rescues underway in Wilkes, Iredell, Yadkin and back near the Hickory area. Power outages ticking up too. Alexander County Schools closed and Elkin City Schools 2 hour delay with option to close.

Last edited:
Request sent for city of Charlotte swift water teams to head north and help.

? PDS Flash Flood Emergency ? now being issued for areas north of Charlotte

Evacuations underway water going above many mobile homes in several counties.

National Weather Service: A FLASH FLOOD WARNING is in effect for this area until 1015 AM EST. This is a dangerous and life-threatening situation. Do not attempt to travel unless you are fleeing an area subject to flooding or under an evacuation order.

Some serious wording i just got.

Back