• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Naughty November

Watch the pattern across the CONUS next week on the models in the now D7-10 period. Can easily transition into a warm one for us, on the flip side any westward/deeper adjustment to the trough off of the west coast and we are chilly.
Yeah I’ve been watching the GFS, it’s as unreliable as ever. Haven’t looked at 6z yet but for the past couple days it has flipped back and forth on early next week being 75 or 60 for highs

Pretty good agreement here between 12z GFS and 0z ECMWF. Both show fropa on Monday. Side question: does the euro have a cold bias in the 8-10 range?
sfct.us_ma.png

gfs_T2m_seus_30.png

Pretty good agreement here between 12z GFS and 0z ECMWF. Both show fropa on Monday. Side question: does the euro have a cold bias in the 8-10 range?
sfct.us_ma.png

gfs_T2m_seus_30.png
So far this cold season in that time period when we have a cold shot it's been about 3-5 degrees too cold on highs but about the same too warm with lows

This is possible the worst pattern you can ask for headed into our favorable time frame typical of a La Niña, we have a better shot at a hurricane here in the SE than a snow event in late November/early December, lol View attachment 51966View attachment 51967

Or some sort of significant severe weather outbreak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SD Can you elaborate this for me? I'm not picking up what you're putting down!
Previous runs of the Euro had dews in the 70s over the weekend, today's run in the 40s. With ETA still to the south and a strong S flow above the wedge someone is going to be looking at a cloudy drizzly Saturday with highs in the upper 40s to mid 50s

This is possible the worst pattern you can ask for headed into our favorable time frame typical of a La Niña, we have a better shot at a hurricane here in the SE than a snow event in late November/early December, lol View attachment 51966View attachment 51967

If we could push the center of the ridge into Canada & have a s/w get stuck underneath it, we'd have a chance at a CAD pattern w/ the trough over New England but that's about it.

Back