• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Naughty November

This pattern is literally so bad, can get worse than this, I’m starting to think we’re gonna get a repeat of 2011-12 type thing, pattern looks purely La Niña/+QBO dominated with a strong PV, cold trapped in the pacific NW/Alaska, and a southeast ridge/ridge east of the Rockies View attachment 51921
I hope so, it will get cold and nasty in the spring anyways lol.

This pattern is literally so bad, can get worse than this, I’m starting to think we’re gonna get a repeat of 2011-12 type thing, pattern looks purely La Niña/+QBO dominated with a strong PV, cold trapped in the pacific NW/Alaska, and a southeast ridge/ridge east of the Rockies View attachment 51921

I liked this (not because I like what is going to happen), but I agree with you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This pattern is literally so bad, can’t get worse than this, I’m starting to think we’re gonna get a repeat of 2011-12 type thing, pattern looks purely La Niña/+QBO dominated with a strong PV, cold trapped in the pacific NW/Alaska, and a southeast ridge/ridge east of the Rockies View attachment 51921

Actually 2011-12 had a -qbo FWIW. And cooler along west coast and Alaska.

Actually 2011-12 had a -qbo FWIW. And cooler along west coast and Alaska.
I know I’m just saying temperature anomalies/H5 Look similar to that year (November is already looking to match it, +QBO is bad because it leads to a stronger PV, maybe it can start the trend of going From positive downward which is not a bad one

In Nov 2010 there was a week of 70s for highs in the middle of the month but every night the lows dipped into the 30s. It's almost like Chattanooga has forgot how to cool overnight. I guess that's just a testament to the strength of the SE Ridge, and general cloudiness.
I actually remember in Nashville October 2010, we had highs in the upper 80s for a couple of days, and lows in the upper 40s! 2010 was one of the best Autumns.

HrrrV4/nam suggest some isolated severe storms in NC/VA/SC on Wed, nice soundings for some convection with some stronger downdrafts and hodos supportive of mini supercell structures, overall lapse rates are very poor and will likely keep it marginal at best 16D24740-F948-4EA6-84F4-9EF2FE30B794.png17FDC29C-E8F2-4C0D-B868-FCBFB3C93A56.png2A4E2121-244E-47B0-9686-462F944E2671.jpegB63D7B2D-FBDB-4E89-A43F-C16DDC5FE7B3.jpeg

The 11/10/75 max low record of 61F appears to be all but broken at this point. 64F for a morning low, and GSP is calling for a low of 67F the next two nights, which would both shatter records

Back