• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Natural and World events ( non political stuff )

Satellite indicates a super Sonos shock wave traveling for serval hundred miles ^. Also tsunami per Twitter video on the island

Think we would need to see more details in terms of height of the ash cloud. Certainly looked like an upper end eruption. Have they issued it a VEI rating yet?
Haven't seen anything yet on VEI , but those satellite pics show the ash cloud solidly into the stratosphere

Think we would need to see more details in terms of height of the ash cloud. Certainly looked like an upper end eruption. Have they issued it a VEI rating yet?
I don't think they've called it but from what I can tell based on their ash cloud heights and past eruptions, it's likely between a 4 and 5. Definitely not a 6 but still a 5 is powerful. The ash cloud apparently went up 20 km, which is about on par with St Helens.

I don't think they've called it but from what I can tell based on their ash cloud heights and past eruptions, it's likely between a 4 and 5. Definitely not a 6 but still a 5 is powerful. The ash cloud apparently went up 20 km, which is about on par with St Helens.
The next question is it done or does it have a few more big bursts to continue the ash dispersal. Really early but man that was a big one. With the one last month that's 2 really big dangerous eruptions back to back.

I'd also ask if the back to back eruptions work cumulatively to increase the upper atmospheric ash deposits?

Back