• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Natural and World events ( non political stuff )

It seems like a really complicated issue, but it's really not. It's mostly about narcissism. I know that seems harsh, but at its core, that's what it's about. Having children has always been difficult, throughout history. But from a historical context, the modern era is one of the easier periods in which to have a child. Generally, we've become more interested in an anchor-free lifestyle. There are other legitimate reasons of course, but that's the biggest, IMO. We see children as a burden and no longer a blessing.
I was just telling my 11yo son the other day that at its core parenthood is about pure sacrifice. You have to give up so much (golf game included) to see that they get what they need and reach their potential. I think that scares a lot of the younger generation but I wouldn't give it up for anything. I think it also demonstrates a lack of foresight. Children help when the parents are old and pay back some of that. Plus grandchildren give so much joy when they come along.

Not all Millennials. I'm one and I did my part and had 3.
my immediate family brother and sister (26 and 29) have 5 combined children and me and my wife plan on have one or trying to conceive in a year or so , and out of my 20 or so cousins around my age; NONE have or are planning it's a incredible shame and the problem with not marrying and "coexisting" and casual hookups for sex is a big issue. Me and my wife married relatively young and quick, only one of my cousins is married with all of my immediate family married with children. It's kind of crazy.

^ non-political, hoping we do not make the mistake of previous gens and see somewhere between 145-160 frames. Early Dec the world gets a look at what will be the most formidable aircraft ever built.

Last edited:
Bet the property values on this block are about to crash. Same block that saw the condo collapse last year.

Just curious, anyone dealing with illnesses already? In the past two weeks my whole family has had something, my wife even developed pneumonia. ? She's much better now but both my parents have COVID (their first time), and another family member has the flu. We know tons of people with the flu right now; this has to be the earliest outbreak I can ever remember. RSV is also going around big time. Some classes at schools are missing like half the class. CRAZY start to the cold and flu season; be careful out there everyone.

Just curious, anyone dealing with illnesses already? In the past two weeks my whole family has had something, my wife even developed pneumonia. ? She's much better now but both my parents have COVID (their first time), and another family member has the flu. We know tons of people with the flu right now; this has to be the earliest outbreak I can ever remember. RSV is also going around big time. Some classes at schools are missing like half the class. CRAZY start to the cold and flu season; be careful out there everyone.
My family had some sort of virus almost continuously for a month a few weeks ago and I’m finally feeling better after a two week sinus infection. Definitely been a rough start.

My family had some sort of virus almost continuously for a month a few weeks ago and I’m finally feeling better after a two week sinus infection. Definitely been a rough start.
Same. My son and I had the flu A month ago. Then I got sick again 2 weeks ago and lost my voice for a few days. Now my wife is feeling bad as well.

Pretty sure my family had RSV for the past month. I had a cough for 3 weeks and major congestion but felt fine the whole time. Then both kids got strep this past week.

Yep, been crazy. My wife had the flu last week (I've been fine thus far) but she has a cough that is just lingering. The school she teaches at had 170 students out one day either with confirmed flu, RSV or some other respiratory virus. About half the teachers were out a couple days too, they were combining classes to have enough for a classroom and due to staff shortages.

Just as a side, she had covid last year but was 10x sicker with this flu. She never misses work and was out the whole week, it was brutal

Yep, been crazy. My wife had the flu last week (I've been fine thus far) but she has a cough that is just lingering. The school she teaches at had 170 students out one day either with confirmed flu, RSV or some other respiratory virus. About half the teachers were out a couple days too, they were combining classes to have enough for a classroom and due to staff shortages.

Just as a side, she had covid last year but was 10x sicker with this flu. She never misses work and was out the whole week, it was brutal
Glad she's better. I did okay with it just ran some fevers and had body aches. My son was in bed for days. One day he slept for over 20 hours.

Glad you're wife is finally recovering. It's literally taken weeks for us to shake these coughs so she may be in for a long recovery from that as well

Glad she's better. I did okay with it just ran some fevers and had body aches. My son was in bed for days. One day he slept for over 20 hours.

Glad you're wife is finally recovering. It's literally taken weeks for us to shake these coughs so she may be in for a long recovery from that as well
Thanks man. Yeah everyone we know of that has dealt with it said same thing, the cough just lingers and lingers. Glad you all are getting better as well, hopefully that cough will be gone sooner rather than later.

Back