• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Natural and World events ( non political stuff )

So we still have no idea about anything related to this it seems

Elon Musk has mentioned many times that low birth rate is and will be a big crisis. I have several nieces/nephews that are in their mid 20's to low 30's and none have had children and none have even mentioned wanting to start a family. I don't know what it is about millennials/genz but they seem to have a much different outlook on families than my generation. Makes you wonder...

Elon Musk has mentioned many times that low birth rate is and will be a big crisis. I have several nieces/nephews that are in their mid 20's to low 30's and none have had children and none have even mentioned wanting to start a family. I don't know what it is about millennials/genz but they seem to have a much different outlook on families than my generation. Makes you wonder...

It seems like a really complicated issue, but it's really not. It's mostly about narcissism. I know that seems harsh, but at its core, that's what it's about. Having children has always been difficult, throughout history. But from a historical context, the modern era is one of the easier periods in which to have a child. Generally, we've become more interested in an anchor-free lifestyle. There are other legitimate reasons of course, but that's the biggest, IMO. We see children as a burden and no longer a blessing.

It seems like a really complicated issue, but it's really not. It's mostly about narcissism. I know that seems harsh, but at its core, that's what it's about. Having children has always been difficult, throughout history. But from a historical context, the modern era is one of the easier periods in which to have a child. But genrally, we've become more interested in an anchor-free lifestyle. There are other legitimate reasons of course, but that's the biggest, IMO. We see children as a burden and no longer a blessing.
I agree with you. The mill/genz group mindset is so much different than our generation. Very much a fight the power…non conform.

Back