• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Muddy March 2021

I personally struggle with the idea we want to get warm too quickly. You who love warm/hot weather get 7-8 months of it with very few, if any breaks in it. Cloudy days are the norm this winter but once we get to April, it is pretty much never ending sunny and hot days until late October (barring hurricanes). With the models continuing with their samba runs, it becomes tideous to try and figure out which point on their dart board is correct. As for severe, NO thanks, people die and property gets destroyed when it happens.
I just want Sun and 60's. Sun

For Atlanta anyway, there have been clear model trends on weaker CAD (could just be the GFS overdoing the CAD a week out and then pulling back). I realize a different situation vs Carolinas but we are at least trending warmer. Now if we can just trend drier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 12Z CMC is even colder in the 6-10 than its prior run and like the Euro is much colder than Goofy with a very nice upper E US trough. Amazing model disagreement, folks!

The 12Z CMC is even colder in the 6-10 than its prior run and like the Euro is much colder than Goofy with a very nice upper E US trough. Amazing model disagreement, folks!

At least we are getting some early May weather this weekend! Tulips coming up, eyes itching. The end of Feb has firmly become our start of Spring.

At least we are getting some early May weather this weekend! Tulips coming up, eyes itching. The end of Feb has firmly become our start of Spring.

Yeah hard to believe I saw snow in April near the coast as a kid. Not possible now barring an asteroid impact.

That pattern is ripe to catch a cutoff or 2 or 3 so we go from cold rain to not as cold rain
If we indeed to get a cutoff with lots of ridging up top it won’t just be rain but hail lol

One things for sure. If we get those amounts the GFS is kicking out river flooding will continue to be a major problem

There's no in between anymore. It's either super dry or wet.

I personally struggle with the idea we want to get warm too quickly. You who love warm/hot weather get 7-8 months of it with very few, if any breaks in it. Cloudy days are the norm this winter but once we get to April, it is pretty much never ending sunny and hot days until late October (barring hurricanes). With the models continuing with their samba runs, it becomes tideous to try and figure out which point on their dart board is correct. As for severe, NO thanks, people die and property gets destroyed when it happens.
Me too, I’ll take cold days in the 40s all day every day through may if I could. Can not stand the humidity and damn spiders and running into their webs ? constantly. I do not care for severe weather either although I do understand that people who like it aren’t hoping for people to get hurt. Weather is going to do what it does weather we like it or not. I do like thunderstorms but we get so many from spring through august that it’s not a novelty like snow.

Back