• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Miserable March

Just in case you weren’t sure yet that this was arguably one of if not the worst winter ever (in terms of the lack of cold + snow)...

Good to know that it’s not just us down here people who should be getting feet of snow are getting shafted this winter... sounds like a dud all around .. an anomaly... let’s reset next year and go for gold

My business trip changed from Huntsville to Clayton Ga. So I'll be in Clayton Wednesday and Thursday. I'm seeing some snow showers Wednesday night into Thursday for up there

Needless to say, I haven’t been thrilled with the warmer trends (toward a -PNA) in the ensembles for early March. Also, after 3 of 5 quite cold early March SE runs of the GFS (18Z Thu, 12Z Fri, 18Z Fri), none have been near as cold since. However, the 12Z CMC is still quite cold. :) ;)

Hopefully this warmer trend will reverse so that Majestic March can live up to its name. I don’t want to have to change it to Miserable March lol.

Probably a transient warmup before some more cold shots after winter weather threats have passed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Euro looking much better it may try and do something tonight ... looks like energy is diving in further west hopefully making enough room for a storm to wrap up for us

I'm really interested in the Wednesday/Thursday little system for the fact that I'll be up there in north east GA. Nothing more than snow showers, but gefs is showing accumulation

View attachment 36243
I mean who can hate this look from a superior MEDIUM range model?!?!?! Something is absolutely cooking .. either for the South East or for the FISHES
If we can get the trough axis to center itself over roughly TN/AL with that orientation, we’re definitely onto something

Back