• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Miserable March

The March 1960 articles,pictures never get old.

I firsf hand expierenced the 93 superstorm in the mtns. True Blizzard. Love to see another epic March event, been close to 30 yrs,so its time for one.

What exactly would it take to have a blizzard so to speak in South Carolina? What all came together to create such an event in 93 and 1960?

Is this storm that we are tracking at the end of the month about the same kind of storm that we had on the 8th of this month

Is this storm that we are tracking at the end of the month about the same kind of storm that we had on the 8th of this month

No nothing even close. This system is what’s called a Alberta clipper they come down from Canada. However they rarely produce snow east of the mountains meaning most times the upstate doesn’t get anything. But if this clipper digs west of us picks up gulf moisture or even moves into the gulf things could get interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Admittedly, very little insight to offer from this end of the world ... work is keeping me away from anything other than superficial model looking ... but I saw this on a break, and it does have model support, so sharing for whatever it may be worth ... ?

610temp.new.gif

No nothing even close. This system is what’s called a Alberta clipper they come down from Canada. However they rarely produce snow east of the mountains meaning most times the upstate doesn’t get anything. But if this clipper digs west of us picks up gulf moisture or even moves into the gulf things could get interesting.

Is it trending further west in the models

Not at the moment. But it’s 7-8 days out. Plenty of time for good trends

Back