• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Microwave March

Didn't the GFS have the January system in the 300+ range? Just when about everyone gives up on winter is when we start seeing it come back. Lol.

If the GFS is correct (I know I should stop right there haha) then after March 1st it basically says Spring? What Spring? Talk about problematic it has several deep south freezes as well as numerous hard freezes up this way, including SC, Tn, northern Ga and Al. Dang fun to look at though

The faster you get that system out of the GOA around day 7 the closer you are to getting something like the GFS

If the GFS is correct (I know I should stop right there haha) then after March 1st it basically says Spring? What Spring? Talk about problematic it has several deep south freezes as well as numerous hard freezes up this way, including SC, Tn, northern Ga and Al. Dang fun to look at though
Im really liking the way March is looking and honestly if it is cold with no snow I'm fine with that. I would love to have a cool spring because I and everyone else was robbed of winter.

Yeah, don't let this run reel you in. We haven't had good cold shots and correct timing with storms. We got extremely lucky in January, I highly doubt it happens again...although March 8 is the correct timing when the pattern should be better...but this is just a bogus post-truncation storm of the GFS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, don't let this run reel you in. We haven't had good cold shots and correct timing with storms. We got extremely lucky in January, I highly doubt it happens again...although March 8 is the correct timing when the pattern should be better...but this is just a bogus post-truncation storm of the GFS

Dude I've had a rough few days don't spoil my fun.... Lol

Reactions: Jon
God what I've said my rule is with winter storms on the GFS likely won't work, it's March. Buuuuuuuuutttttt, I've said that the GFS is good at spotting storms, but spotting storms is the only thing it can do. It has no idea on the details.

I bet there is a storm on 9/10, but it's a warm cutter. It's more likely it hits 85 here then snow happening.

Im really liking the way March is looking and honestly if it is cold with no snow I'm fine with that. I would love to have a cool spring because I and everyone else was robbed of winter.
Yeah a cool spring would be nice if that means we have highs in the 60s instead of 70s and 80s.

The Euro weeklies showed a storm coming up from the Gulf around the 10th. I'm waiting for the EPS to get in that range before I get on board fully.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_50.png
Don't trust her, she triflin'

Even though, I wouldn't be surprised if there will be a late season winter storm. From my observations, the sun will be going into a solar minimum (less solar flares) and based from climatology, late winter storms can occur.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

Lol, took a few days off and came back to post 300 gfs storm talk that's in MARCH .
Don't do it guys...

im with you. Nothing like a MARCH fantasy system post 300 hr on the GFS . Don't do it, not worth the heartbreak

Lol, took a few days off and came back to post 300 gfs storm talk that's in MARCH .

im with you. Nothing like a MARCH fantasy system post 300 hr on the GFS . Don't do it, not worth the heartbreak
So I guess we can discuss whether or not its 68 or 71 tomorrow instead? Fun times

By tomorrow's 12z we will likely see the orange and red hues of a healthy SER into early March.

If we couldn't get a good Winter Storm Setup in Jan, Feb I know we not going to get one in March with higher sun angle and ETC!!!
MAYBE NEXT WINTER YALL!! :(:(:(:(

Back