• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Microwave March

Not a bad run of the GFS at all but I would have a hard time trusting a clipper in March
It's March, you never know what could happen, including the storms not even happening. Looks a bit more interesting since something is showing up multiple runs in a row, but I won't buy a ticket for the train yet.

I'll take every little bit of snow I can get. Even if we don't get snow I have to say I'm quite happy to see below normal temps showing up for late February into early march.

81d7cbeb06480bfbb41e3684312c1daf.jpg

This is one wild temperature swing on Friday ( 78 deg ) to Saturday ( 45 deg ) that I'm looking forward to.

db66484a5c7360590abeaddfb23a786a.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

March 24, 1983 -- Started overnight and continued most of morning. Tapered off in early afternoon as I remember. About 8 inches at my house. (Carrollton GA) Of course, it was pretty heavy (not moderate to light) and it was very cloudy (not snow, then clear, then cloudy again and snow, etc. as sometimes can happen.) Don't care to debate it, sun angle does matter, but other factors can sometimes even overwhelm that. I don't remember how long it stayed around, probably was gone in two days. It was one of the heaviest snows we have ever had, including March 1993.
Got 7 plus out of that one, and had two ull's come down and drop over 4 inches during the day in late March two or three years apart within the last 12 years. In my 70 years I've seen snow in March over and over. I remember snow in early April. That's why I never give up on winter until Easter, though I'm mostly done by April Fools day, lol. Snow doesn't care where the sun is, as long as it's falling hard enough, and long enough, and it's at least freezing near the ground....it'll stick, though a foot of snow will end up being 5 inches on your snow board, lol. T

Here is how we are going to get screwed. This is an EPS member from 00z. If there is a storm, this will definitely happen to us: (notice even the OBX get screwed as the snow does its best to curve around.)

lol.png
Yep, troughs who's center is off the east coast just don't seem conducive to deep south cold, lol. Maybe Larry gets cold, and ships at sea, lol. I'd kind of like to see that trough set up back west aways, so we aren't always getting the drive by cool air instead of the deep freeze :) T

Question of the day, it seems:

Screen_Shot_2017_02_23_at_4_42_58_PM.png

... need a driver, and a couple of the indices might provide one ...

Who wouldn't (?) - it's just some folks don't translate 850 to surface, so I was making a point without saying so ... LOL ;)
I'm assuming you are referring to the map I posted of the fantasy snow blob at hour 300 on the 12z gfs. Who knows maybe you weren't and it's fine if you were because god knows I am not near as weather knowledgeable as you and many others on here. I am however aware that the map I posted was not showing freezing temps at the surface even for my area. I was really only posting it for fun as we haven't had much winter to talk of this season. Heck even if it was showing a blizzard and 20 below it's still 300 hours out and we all know how that usually goes.

Back