• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Microwave March

March 24, 1983 -- Started overnight and continued most of morning. Tapered off in early afternoon as I remember. About 8 inches at my house. (Carrollton GA) Of course, it was pretty heavy (not moderate to light) and it was very cloudy (not snow, then clear, then cloudy again and snow, etc. as sometimes can happen.) Don't care to debate it, sun angle does matter, but other factors can sometimes even overwhelm that. I don't remember how long it stayed around, probably was gone in two days. It was one of the heaviest snows we have ever had, including March 1993.
Yes.. I remember that one.. If I m correct, think it was an ULL system. Had rain when I went to beas, I woke up early AM, noticed it was very quiet outside, looked and we had heavy snow ACCUMULATION.. )KATL 7.9" 2nd highest alltime)
Ws a heavy wet snow that melted in a day.

SD's girlfriend is almost back on 6z! Definitely cold enough and there's weird prices of energy around! Lots of low and mid 20s on the 9th! So the hard freeze we all knew was coming, is there, if the long range GFS is right!
1044 mb high dropping in! Of course they get strong in March! :(

SD's girlfriend is almost back on 6z! Definitely cold enough and there's weird prices of energy around! Lots of low and mid 20s on the 9th! So the hard freeze we all knew was coming, is there, if the long range GFS is right!
1044 mb high dropping in! Of course they get strong in March! :(
No worries, it is in fantasy range, and if it even happened, bye bye growing plants!
gfs_T2m_seus_49.png

Something to keep an eye on. 3 out of last 4 GFS runs have had something in this timeframe.

Here is how we are going to get screwed. This is an EPS member from 00z. If there is a storm, this will definitely happen to us: (notice even the OBX get screwed as the snow does its best to curve around.)

lol.png

hahaha the 6z GFS with the long range temps. There's no way that happens. If it does, it might be the first time I've seen it be constantly warm for almost two straight months....and then bottom out to upper teens-low twenties for one night.

Just a train of storms from the pacific and they actually aren't heading straight east, they're diving SE. It's too warm though.
Then it switches back to straight east near the end.

Last edited:
Back