• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Mega March 2023

Thanks Brick
Being cold for the sake of being cold this year isn't a great venture. We are probably 30-45 days ahead on green up. Yay we are going to smoke everything dead and there's evidence that shows killing off initial green up = less dense leaf canopy less volume in turf grass & drought. Thrilling. At least if we are going to get cold and negatively impact ag might as well cash some snow checks

Being cold for the sake of being cold this year isn't a great venture. We are probably 30-45 days ahead on green up. Yay we are going to smoke everything dead and there's evidence that shows killing off initial green up = less dense leaf canopy less volume in turf grass & drought. Thrilling. At least if we are going to get cold and negatively impact ag might as well cash some snow checks
Honestly, I think some of this bell ringing might be a bit overdone wrt spring vegetation. Time will tell.

If this was to come to pass next weekend, the ACC tournament will be in Greensboro simultaneously. I wonder when the last local ACC tournament happened where it also snowed. The only one I can ever remember is 1993 in Charlotte at the tyvola coliseum.
I remember the power going out for a time that afternoon at the Coliseum and then looking out the windows of the concourse to see whiteout conditions.

Hopefully this is early enough to allow some recovery. 2007 happened so late when a lot of leaves were nearly full sized.

Honestly, I think some of this bell ringing might be a bit overdone wrt spring vegetation. Time will tell.
Yeah there's a lot that goes into it and luckily we aren't at full leaf out but the next 7 days aren't exactly going to slow that process down. Hopefully we can avoid sub 28 readings and avoid any severe damage

A night or two below freezing for a short time? Are you wishcasting? Or have you moved to Orlando or something?

No. The GFS through its run gets ATL down to 31 and a few nights in the low 30’s (suburbs colder of course). Coldest in Orlando is low 40’s right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No. The GFS through its run gets ATL down to 31 and a few nights in the low 30’s (suburbs colder of course). Coldest in Orlando is low 40’s right now.

Are you in Alpharetta or downtown Atlanta?

You should see the Euro then. Highs at or around freezing at the end of its run is a pretty bold statement as to how cold we might be looking at. Even knock it up 5 degrees and the nighttime is still mid 20s widespread.

The latest EPS has Atlanta and north GA in the low 30's and highs near 50. I think all trees and most shrubs and flowers will survive those temps just fine. That's not out of the realm of normal, even for April, which is when the trees usually leaf out.

Back