• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Mega March 2023

Yeah there's a lot that goes into it and luckily we aren't at full leaf out but the next 7 days aren't exactly going to slow that process down. Hopefully we can avoid sub 28 readings and avoid any severe damage
Agreed. Or just not have sub freezing temps for very many hours straight either

1678752000-946EoNpOiIc.png

Well I think we got our timeframe if we are going to score.

Got a biblical 50/50, huge block and still nothing but cutters. Not sure what the excitement would be about this pattern...maybe we can get a couple of cooler days after the cutter swings through. That would be a win.

Otherwise...yawn....

ecmwf-deterministic-namer-z500_anom-8492800.png

Got a biblical 50/50, huge block and still nothing but cutters. Not sure what the excitement would be about this pattern...maybe we can get a couple of cooler days after the cutter swings through. That would be a win.

Otherwise...yawn....

View attachment 133929
Yeah the models routinely overdo long range cold. Maybe it's just been so long that we've seen it show up that we just forgot. If we even have a night or two at or just below freezing, I'd be somewhat surprised.

In a couple of days we can open yet another severe thread for next weekend. Sweet...

View attachment 133930
Not unusual to see a severe weather set up before a major pattern change like the one we’re dealing with. I wouldn’t say it’s models “delaying cold” it’s still coming I am willing to bet we will have many nights below freezing.. biblical cold into the middle teens? Probably not but the damage will be done with this pattern change.

The troll posts are getting old. Every ensemble mean has well below average temps for over a week straight. It’s looking like the coldest and most conducive pattern stretch we’ve had since Christmas. If you want to crap on it, take it to banter.

The troll posts are getting old. Every ensemble mean has well below average temps for over a week straight. It’s looking like the coldest and most conducive pattern stretch we’ve had since Christmas. If you want to crap on it, take it to banter.
You said it...troll posts are getting old. That goes both ways.

Yeah the models routinely overdo long range cold. Maybe it's just been so long that we've seen it show up that we just forgot. If we even have a night or two at or just below freezing, I'd be somewhat surprised.
My question is why do the models always seem to overdo long range cold ?

Back