• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern May Thread

NWS says an EF-0 touched down in Durham yesterday.

Sure was an active day for it to only be a level 1 risk and no watches by the SPC.

impressive level of activity still ongoing for late May at this hour. really not much change in overall coverage since peak heating. here's 4pm vs midnight. probably looking at a gazillion urban/flash flood warnings the next couple of days.

1653451751693.png

1653451815159.png

NWS says an EF-0 touched down in Durham yesterday.

Sure was an active day for it to only be a level 1 risk and no watches by the SPC.

Yes. While I didn’t witness anything I drove by at least a part of the area I believe it hit. I saw two trees down. One tree looked to have hit the roof of one house. It was in an area between Sherron and Mineral Springs Road.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes. While I didn’t witness anything I drove by at least a part of the area I believe it hit. I saw two trees down. One tree looked to have hit the roof of one house. It was in an area between Sherron and Mineral Springs Road.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
That's my old neck of the woods. I used to live on N Mineral Springs Rd.

Looks like another burst of heat coming especially in the northern parts of the region and north with a solid ridge developing near and after memorial day.
I've had some good rains now so I'll take a burst of heat. I'd actually like to see sunshine, probably just my imagination but it seems lately when we get good storms/rain chances it followed by days of clouds instead of bright days.

I've had some good rains now so I'll take a burst of heat. I'd actually like to see sunshine, probably just my imagination but it seems lately when we get good storms/rain chances it followed by days of clouds instead of bright days.
I'd like one more solid rain before going hot but I won't cry if we go hot without it. But yeah as a whole it really seems like the last few fronts have been followed by a deep NE flow reminds me much more of a winter/ early spring -pna pattern

Gfs actually has a pretty clean front passage in about 2 weeks. We will see its getting to that time of year where clearing fronts starts getting harder and harder

I'd like one more solid rain before going hot but I won't cry if we go hot without it. But yeah as a whole it really seems like the last few fronts have been followed by a deep NE flow reminds me much more of a winter/ early spring -pna pattern

Gfs actually has a pretty clean front passage in about 2 weeks. We will see its getting to that time of year where clearing fronts starts getting harder and harder
Yep, anytime you can get dew points in the 40s and/or 50s in June is a bonus. Lets hope we see that front.

12z GFS ~day 14:
1653500917840.png

Yep, anytime you can get dew points in the 40s and/or 50s in June is a bonus. Lets hope we see that front.

12z GFS ~day 14:
View attachment 118755
Yeah with the nao potentially lurking it'll help the chances of getting a nice front through with lower dews. I'm just a big skeptic with this look and the models being too excited with the frontal passage

HRRR has really underestimated the originization of the line of storms currently on the AL/GA border. Not a lot of eastward movement, but it is slowly moving that way.4B33AC2E-8E0D-420F-BFAD-C7F055A4ACFC.png

HRRR has really underestimated the originization of the line of storms currently on the AL/GA border. Not a lot of eastward movement, but it is slowly moving that way.View attachment 118756
Will arrive when the heating of the day has passed our area. Probably get 7 rain drops if we are lucky.

Will arrive when the heating of the day has passed our area. Probably get 7 rain drops if we are lucky.
To be fair we haven’t even had any heating today. The wedge has been fully in control over here. Been in the mid 60s and cloudy all day. Atlanta folks might be able to get some good rainfall out of it though.

Back