• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern May Thread

That watch and the moderate risk verified bigtime. A high risk would have verified up there tonight I would think.

This unusual Ring of Fire setup has been very underrated, in the midst of talks about that ---- low in the Atlantic, the drought and the heat...

1652407333195.png

1652407313619.png

1652407177148.png

Obviously, this does not cover the area that the 2012 derecho covered, but this one was a good bit stronger. 2 100+ gusts on the SPC reports page from this this evening.

Besides that, the 2012 event took the typical ESE track that expected with derechos.

Besides that, the 2012 event took the typical ESE track that expected with derechos.
Localized as it was, I think all Derecho’s in iowa will be compared to the August 2020 event, from here on out

Starting to get into that time of year where cool spells become shorter (if they happen at all). Here's the 6z GFS at ~ day 15. Too far out to take details/outcome seriously but again illustrates what we're now hoping for (cool wise):

dew points
1652444647910.png

00z GFS does show a brief 1-2 day cool down here (well into the fantasy range), but otherwise, it's highs 90*F+ the entire run through...

DFW dipped below 70*F right at sunrise, breaking the 5-day streak we had of 70*F+ lows...

Nice rain shield and embedded thunderstorms moving in off the Atlantic through the coastal plains, western edge weakening and looks more N then NW movement. Might get clipped here but best totals probably E/NE

It's been dumping in Central OK, east of OKC, all morning as a band of strong t'storms keep percolating over that area.

They're under a Flash Flood Warning now, but I imagine at least several inches of rain have already fallen.

Need 1 more degree to tie today's record high of 95*F at DFW. We'll see if it happens...

Back