• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern May Thread

Yep, right at planting time too. Really these cool nights and dry conditions can be problematic for seed germination
We have exactly the type of system off the coast to really help these areas, just not enough juice to it. Seems like on the Hires models it's gotten very localized with who will get a decent rain event.

We have exactly the type of system off the coast to really help these areas, just not enough juice to it. Seems like on the Hires models it's gotten very localized with who will get a decent rain event.
Yeah looks more scattered and not wide spread unfortunately, will be the have and have nots, per usual.

We had a record high low last night! That was fun! I think it was 71 as the low. Currently ? View attachment 118372
Rinse and repeat! Record high minimum of 73 last night, record went back to 1800s. Feels like Miami currently and it’s way before noon!??17AB5216-58FC-4D30-943A-9340B40B2F00.png

12z hires fv3 and arw sisters have a decent amount of rain coverage over the next 48-60 hr. Hopefully we can get decent amounts across a large area with the heat ridge and only afternoon storms possible on the back end of this it could dry out quickly

Took a deeper look into the 00z GFS, and it showed 4 days of 100*F+ highs at DFW from 5/14 - 5/16 and also 5/20.

Yep, right at planting time too. Really these cool nights and dry conditions can be problematic for seed germination
Yeah it would be nice to see some rain and really more warmth. Soil temps have dropped back into the mid 60s for most of our region and that coupled with the cold nights and really cold day Sunday has made ag unhappy. If you look at most warm season lawns they are pretty meh right now and a yellowish green a lot more like what you'd expect in early to mid April instead of mid may, most of my yard has stopped leaf production and gone to seed production from the cold stress. Not to mention most fields that have been planted in the last 30 days haven't started growing

12z hires fv3 and arw sisters have a decent amount of rain coverage over the next 48-60 hr. Hopefully we can get decent amounts across a large area with the heat ridge and only afternoon storms possible on the back end of this it could dry out quickly

The Nam3k has a nice training band of storms right over the heart of the worst drought area Sat....would do wonders for the drought conditions...

Reactions: SD
Yeah it would be nice to see some rain and really more warmth. Soil temps have dropped back into the mid 60s for most of our region and that coupled with the cold nights and really cold day Sunday has made ag unhappy. If you look at most warm season lawns they are pretty meh right now and a yellowish green a lot more like what you'd expect in early to mid April instead of mid may, most of my yard has stopped leaf production and gone to seed production from the cold stress. Not to mention most fields that have been planted in the last 30 days haven't started growing
They are just now planting corn up here! Big delays from the temps. As of 10 days ago,3% of all corn crops had been planted. I suspect after this weekend, those totals will be 95-100%

They are just now planting corn up here! Big delays from the temps. As of 10 days ago,3% of all corn crops had been planted. I suspect after this weekend, those totals will be 95-100%
I want to make a snarky post about cool and dry but I'll leave it be

Today high at DFW was 92*F. The stratus just missed us to the SE this morning, so only had a FEW-SCT clouds at most before daytime mixing really kicked in.

12z GFS and EURO are already delaying the "cool down" that has been advertised next weekend.

Back