• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern May Thread

Age has nothing to do with it.

See all the retirees from northern big cities who flee to Florida and Arizona (both of which are hotter than hades) at their first chance.
Have of them move back a little north to Georgia to take the edge off though.

I used to play during the heat of the day in summer just to avoid the old fart fivesomes. Not now. You can have it and I’ll enjoy my cool weather rounds.
As long as we can keep dews at a respectable level mid to upper 80s aren't that bad. Now if we start creeping dews up to around 70 I'll be done with it

As long as we can keep dews at a respectable level mid to upper 80s aren't that bad. Now if we start creeping dews up to around 70 I'll be done with it
In all seriousness, it is easier to keep loose in this weather. Cold rounds can be difficult and I’m not even that old.

In all seriousness, it is easier to keep loose in this weather. Cold rounds can be difficult and I’m not even that old.
No kidding. I hate playing in the cool to cold especially if it's a slow moving day on the course. By the time it's my next shot I'm having to stretch again

West Texas and the Panhandle got slammed by storms yesterday (mostly downburst winds). They got a couple more opportunities today and tomorrow.

May not do much to squash the drought though.

1652290015263.png

Last edited:
90s and high humidity can be tough for long stretches but it beats the doldrums of winter any day of the week for me. I also look at it as an opportunity to get afternoon thunderstorms.
See I am the opposite. If this were the upper midwest then I would understand the "doldrums of winter" sentiment, but most our "winter" days are 45-60, which is MUCH nicer for outside stuff, hiking, housing projects, etc. Heat and humidity of late May to late Sept make it just about impossible to do anything outside; except swim. It's hard to even walk around the neighborhood comfortably in July and August.

And also, on the plus side, enough dry air was mixed down from those storms in West Texas and advected eastward to clear out all that haze we had in the sky the past several days.

Back