• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern May Thread

Man what a stretch of cool weather thanks to that ULL off the coast. It's been nice in the afternoons but I'm tired of the steady NE winds and cool nights
It feels great. I personally want to see this weather continue. I keep thinking once we go hot/humid there's no going back. The CFS says we have more of this type of weather for the end of this month (day 12 onwards) and the first part of June. But it's the CFS so....

It feels great. I personally want to see this weather continue. I keep thinking once we go hot/humid there's no going back. The CFS says we have more of this type of weather for the end of this month (day 12 onwards) and the first part of June. But it's the CFS so....
Yeah this weather is nice. I don't know what the huge appeal is to 90s and high humidity. Doing yard work or anything else outside when you start sweating immediately when you go out doesn't seem like fun times to me.

Yeah this weather is nice. I don't know what the huge appeal is to 90s and high humidity. Doing yard work or anything else outside when you start sweating immediately when you go out doesn't seem like fun times to me.
Unfortunately the 6z GFS showing a pretty big heat wave from this Sunday through Monday the following week. Looks like first part of that is likely given the proximity but hopefully the longer term moderates or changes, those runs have not been very consistent either way. I'm definitely not ready for the 90s (of course I never am).

Yeah but how much time can the average person spend in those places. Is it really worth having to live in the heat and humidity, even at night, just so people can swim a few hours here and there? Not even close for me.
I mean it sucks just as much when I’m stuck inside during the winter because it’s cold and windy outside or cold and raining. In all honesty I could do it all day but maybe it’s because I’m younger and a extrovert

70s = the best everything else weather for the other 90% of the time when you're not at the pool/beach/lake on vacation and have to do real life things.
I do those things a lot during the summer tho. I’m sure it’s easier because like I said, I'm
Young and can just really get out of work and do that for the rest of the day

Geez sorry I started this haha. I lover 70s or 80s for highs and hate 90s with humidity (which we will get plenty of in due time). I also am tired of the cold mornings, for those of us who have gardens it's time for some warmer temps.... gardens hate cold nights. It's also drying out really quick with these persistent winds, that's all I was saying

I do those things a lot during the summer tho. I’m sure it’s easier because like I said, I'm
Young and can just really get out of work and do that for the rest of the day

Age has nothing to do with it.

See all the retirees from northern big cities who flee to Florida and Arizona (both of which are hotter than hades) at their first chance.

Yeah but how much time can the average person spend in those places. Is it really worth having to live in the heat and humidity, even at night, just so people can swim a few hours here and there? Not even close for me.

FWIW, the fastest growing metros in the country (in raw numbers) are Dallas, Phoenix, Houston and Atlanta.

And the fastest growing states (also in raw numbers) are Texas and Florida.

For a lot of people, it's a question of whether having to suffer through 3-5 months of gloomy skies and slipping/sliding on snow/ice that never melts while freezing their buns off or simply having to use a bit of A/C is the bigger evil.

Back