• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern May Thread

70 and sunshine . Now why the hell did yesterday happen . It can be below average feel good at the same time . That’s a thing you know so why tf man.

70 and sunshine . Now why the hell did yesterday happen . It can be below average feel good at the same time . That’s a thing you know so why tf man.
Yesterday just completely sucked. I’ve said it before, I’m a fan of all seasons. Ironically enough my afternoon high yesterday was only about 5 degrees warmer that the average for New Year’s Day while the high this past New Year’s Day was only 2 degrees cooler than my average for yesterday. I hated the weather on both days equally. I have as much use for a day in the 50s in May as a day in the 70s in January.

Yesterday just completely sucked. I’ve said it before, I’m a fan of all seasons. Ironically enough my afternoon high yesterday was only about 5 degrees warmer that the average for New Year’s Day while the high this past New Year’s Day was only 2 degrees cooler than my average for yesterday. I hated the weather on both days equally. I have as much use for a day in the 50s in May as a day in the 70s in January.
I didn't think it felt that bad outside yesterday but it was ugly. Wish we could have had a true noreaster with a driving rain to make it more acceptable. I'm just happy the low got far enough offshore and we pulled in enough dry air that today has been very nice, I was really concerned we would lock into stratus yesterday and not lose it until late in the week

Our average highs are still in the upper 70s now so while it’s a few degrees below average…it’s nothing out of the ordinary. Low to mid 40s for lows tonight is another story

For some reason, I saw an 84*F when I looked up the climate data earlier. I see now it's really 79*F.

Still, it's nearly 10 degrees below normal (more than a few, IMO).

Mid May is trending warmer due to the pacific jet speeding up more/GOAK trough becoming more progressive. Same exact thing happened in mid-late April, need to be careful or we could find ourselves in a torch again because the more we speed up the jet, the more we release the airmass from the CUS View attachment 118279View attachment 118280
Much more concerned about the almost complete lack of rain across the Deep South over the next two weeks. We have to dry out to get really hot. This spring and summer is really reminiscent of 2016 which had a really nice spring until mid-May when the oven turned on and the rain stopped.

Hello to 95-97 with a 70 degree dew point and no rain for nearly three months.

Reactions: SD
Today's high at DFW was 93*F.

Also, FWD is calling for temps in the 90s throughout the entire 7-day forecast.

I think i was getting more acclimated as the day went on lol it didn't bother me as much later this afternoon. The wind definitely helped

But still what didn't help was yeah until a few days ago it was still chilly

Back