• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern May Thread

12z EURO is showing 7 straight days of 90*F+ temps for Dallas from 5/7 to 5/14, and based on the upper level pattern it depicts, with no end in sight.

12z GFS isn't as extreme, but still show 90s starting 5/7 through 5/13.

12z EURO is showing 7 straight days of 90*F+ temps for Dallas from 5/7 to 5/14, and based on the upper level pattern it depicts, with no end in sight.

12z GFS isn't as extreme, but still show 90s starting 5/7 through 5/13.

Even up here it's looking like at least a week of mid 80s minimum with some 90s

We haven't had a day over 83-84 yet and the warmth has been a day or two here and there. It's gonna be a shock to the system plus with all this rain I'm sure a lot of humidity and mosquitoes

The heavy rains the past couple of weeks have mostly been on the NE edge of the drought area, so they didn't do much to bust it

At this point though, the damage is done. Positive feedback loop incoming for the near-term...

Even up here it's looking like at least a week of mid 80s minimum with some 90s

We haven't had a day over 83-84 yet and the warmth has been a day or two here and there. It's gonna be a shock to the system plus with all this rain I'm sure a lot of humidity and mosquitoes

Yeah, the temperature gradient has been something. We've been in full fledged summer since mid-March down here, with only 2 days below 70*F (and both were in the upper 60s).

I'm excited for that cut-off low that's going to be spinning down to the NE FL, and then the second one that meanders around the NE. They are should keep the weather interesting down in SE Florida.

I will take what the 12z gfs is showing for any May. The front comes through this weekend with much nicer weather for days and nights.
gfs_T2m_us_16.png

?

After, it becomes unsettled with bouts of rain and showers but temps stay closer to average.
gfs_T2m_us_30.png

?
There is really only one day of heat showing for the SE on the 16th...
gfs_T2m_us_46.png

?

... but another front pushes down from the NW to provide relief.

gfs_T2m_us_56.png

?

Overall, not a bad stretch!

I will take what the 12z gfs is showing for any May. The front comes through this weekend with much nicer weather for days and nights.
gfs_T2m_us_16.png

?

After, it becomes unsettled with bouts of rain and showers but temps stay closer to average.
gfs_T2m_us_30.png

?
There is really only one day of heat showing for the SE on the 16th...
gfs_T2m_us_46.png

?

... but another front pushes down from the NW to provide relief.

gfs_T2m_us_56.png

?

Overall, not a bad stretch!
Uhhh low 60s are not closer to average . Equivalent anomaly in the positive direction would mean highs in the low to mid 90s.

Uhhh low 60s are not closer to average . Equivalent anomaly in the positive direction would mean highs in the low to mid 90s.
Well that particular frame is rain induced, the other ones are pretty average around that time. I used that one as it really shows the influence of the back door front and rain. Besides, we just had a whole week of mid to upper 80s with some lower 90s around, so there's that. ?

It will back off . I don’t see how god dang Saguenay in Quebec is going to be warmer than us .
Maybe but it's a solid tap to a maritime feed from our area north and east. It'll be hard to break out of morning stratus and drizzle the longer the flow is established

Back