• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern May Thread

Stratus is now finally mixing out. DFW was st 87*F as of 3pm.

The real story seems to be the dewpoints though. Widespread low/mid-70s.

Yeah I mean the highs really aren't that insane(maybe the long stretch is but Tulsa usually has first 90 around now so that part isn't crazy) the real story is the humidity. My lows coming are 74/75 which is more like peak summer here

Stratus is now finally mixing out. DFW was st 87*F as of 3pm.

The real story seems to be the dewpoints though. Widespread low/mid-70s.

When you have these kind of anomalies you will have higher dews.

cfce6173704d77a80086aaafcbdec06f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I mean the highs really aren't that insane(maybe the long stretch is but Tulsa usually has first 90 around now so that part isn't crazy) the real story is the humidity. My lows coming are 74/75 which is more like peak summer here

I've noticed more humidity here for the summer the last few years with the extreme heat north of here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been thundering here for hours and the rain has basically been reforming in the exact same spots all afternoon. Just will not move.

Screenshot_20220507-171036_WeatherBug.jpg

Today's looking like it might be a bust temp-wise. DFW's only at 79*F as of 1pm.

We've been socked in stratus much of the morning. It tried to scatter out between 11am and 12pm, but has filled back in.

Unless we get an intra-hour high, it seems DFW gonna get 89'd.

Forecast high was 94*F yesterday, and it was lowered to 92*F this morning (still too warm).

And it looks like we'll escape the heat/humidity that's to our west. Looking at the 6z GFS we basically stay nice/cool(ish) right out to around day 14 or so. In the short term the low off our coast is saving us from the current central US warmth. Here's dew points for Wednesday:
1652016769367.png

Back