• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern May Thread

Happy May!

Could be pushing 90 Sunday View attachment 117994

DFW is going to spend the day in upper 50s / low 60s. Still not at record levels (which is 49*F), but nearly 20*F below normal.

That said, on paper, today's high will actually be 78*F, which was set at Midnight right before the squall line moved in.

This mornings models have booted that cutoff further east, we are really close to scorching, look how much the gefs has warmed for ex
Old
View attachment 117989NewView attachment 117990View attachment 117991
I really hate to see that. Normally I can wait till nearly June to turn ac on full time as the nights are cool enough to open windows and keep the inside temps fairly comfortable, but mid 60s following upper 80s won't get it done. You wanted an early summer and you have it.

Edit: the 6z gfs run was much cooler so I'm going to hug it till it delivers or pops!

Can tell this GFS run is gonna be even quicker with booting the cutoff /closer to the ridge A51A27F2-2622-4F36-9030-F5BB0DC6ED91.png

Dang that's bullishView attachment 118009

On the other hand the severe threat is probably next to zero
I doubt the warm front makes it up to you which will limit your threat to mainly heavy rain. Gonna be closer down my way. Warm front looks to stall around I-40 right now, but I’ve seen it end up further south than anticipated in these heavy rainfall systems so it will be a wait and see.

Highs today

RDU - 89
CLT - 87
Salisbury -85
Monroe-87
Concord -90…… yeah it’s overheating like hell. Next nearest official station only 85.

Fayetteville -91
Greensboro -86

Highs today

RDU - 89
CLT - 87
Salisbury -85
Monroe-87
Concord -90…… yeah it’s overheating like hell. Next nearest official station only 85.

Fayetteville -91
Greensboro -86
There were also storms in the area right around peak heating, so concord easily could have been 5F above nearby stations

PGV hit 90 for the first time this year.....the mean first date is May 6th so right on schedule.....

Back