• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern March Thread

I love my cold weather and a chance for some snow. BUT let’s all be honest with ourselves…It’s hard to enjoy outdoor activities like golf, swimming, tennis, etc in 40° weather.
But, let's all be honest, this is the SE, not N Dakota. There are plenty of chances to enjoy golf, tennis, etc between late March and November (not that it's easy to enjoy those when it's in the 90s and wearing humidity June - Sept). We have very little time where we can actually hope for "cold" and having record highs in Feb, Dec and March makes them just like the rest of the year. Wishing for more warmth around here is like wishing the summer was cold living in northern Alaska. If you can't get your fill of outdoor weather, warmth, and heat around here the only thing I know to suggest is southern Florida.

One way or another we are going to have to come to grips with warm a March and the SER as a dominant feature for much of late winter and early spring. This is a glimpse towards the next decade. You’ll be forced to move north for a reliable winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I know you guys want warmth, but I wish it would wait awhile, we have 9 months of warmth coming. This is waaay above climo. For the first week of March, the adjusted averages for CLT are low 60s and upper 30s so this is 15-20 above - that's a torch.
Can’t agree; we normally have two months of nice warmth and four months of miserable, humid heat. I don’t mind at all to get three and half months of nice warmth before the inevitable sets in.

Can’t agree; we normally have two months of nice warmth and four months of miserable, humid heat. I don’t mind at all to get three and half months of nice warmth before the inevitable sets in.
Yep, 70s and lower humidity is good weather we don’t see that 5 months like some claim, it’s a good warmth, different vs humidity and heat

Somebody start the severe thread! Congrats Memphis! ?972F6C9A-B5AA-446C-9476-441322FEBA72.png89455047-E80C-403C-A6B7-A577BD305CC1.png

On this topic b/c he's been all over it before it was on the radar ...

Also, you and I are about the only very active posters in the darkest shading on that map (80-90%) for AN. RDU, Charlotte, ATL, etc, are only near the 70% line. Whereas we'll need a near miracle to not be AN thanks to our friend the SER, they would have a little bit better shot at it not being AN. I'm jealous. ;)

Actually I beat him to the punch in mid January if you recall… both of you were dubious , and Larry was certain of below normal up to this point .

On 1/17, I predicted -3 or colder at ATL and RDU for Feb 1-14. I didn't predict for beyond 2/14.

Back