• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern March Thread

I’m really wondering how high temps spreads will be from the Midwest/plains to the SE with this pattern, about as classic as a gradient pattern as you can get232B97BC-1324-4DFC-8463-E1943E10D7E7.pngA165BDF6-B73C-4844-817D-77AEABAE796D.png

Here that means 80s, which is not good for outdoors from my standpoint unless dewpoints stay under 55. So, I'll be hoping for a lot of relatively dry air with any warmth. Who needs 80s when we get 80s+ almost every day for 5+ months straight? And of course there are the dreaded bugs. I love the dead of winter with virtually no flying bugs!

If it can stay dry, then at least the skeeters will be delayed.
I absolutely despise the bugs. Running into webs while feverishly throwing my hat off and patting myself down. The other thing is having to mow at least once a week. We haven’t had a drought here in years and are consistently getting close to 60 inches of rain season after season. The last time I had brown grass was in the late summer of 2014.

That’s a really -PNA showing up, starting to look similar to last December, getting close to -3 sigma is a pretty strong -PNAView attachment 114398View attachment 114402View attachment 114399View attachment 114400View attachment 114401
And assuming it does hold like I suspect it will, I took all the La Nina/Cold Neutral Marches that preceded the explosive April-Junes in the Midwest/Dixie in particular, and it's pretty disturbing...SER dominant with cold north and west setting up a potentially vicious battleground pattern.

Attachments

• cd66.115.181.176.54.16.51.43.prcp.png
    cd66.115.181.176.54.16.51.43.prcp.png
    442.3 KB · Views: 36
  • cd66.115.181.176.54.16.52.6.prcp.png
    cd66.115.181.176.54.16.52.6.prcp.png
    447.7 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Flo out of all us wx nerds on the planet, you have to be the happiest . I wish I loved warm/ Summer wx. Envy those who do.

Flo out of all us wx nerds on the planet, you have to be the happiest . I wish I loved warm/ Summer wx. Envy those who do.

A good chunk of us are of the mindset that if it isn’t going to snow, we are ready for fun in the sun. March is most certainly looking toasty so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s up from Monday ? buds/beginning of leaf out Gonna start exploding soon View attachment 114447
I know you guys want warmth, but I wish it would wait awhile, we have 9 months of warmth coming. This is waaay above climo. For the first week of March, the adjusted averages for CLT are low 60s and upper 30s so this is 15-20 above - that's a torch.

I know you guys want warmth, but I wish it would wait awhile, we have 9 months of warmth coming. This is waaay above climo. For the first week of March, the adjusted averages for CLT are low 60s and upper 30s so this is 15-20 above - that's a torch.
Speaking only for myself ... I'm not one of the "guys" and no I don't want ... 9 months down here is about right ... may be 10 ... take all the non-sketter weather God'll dish me ...

Yeah pulling for weather where bugs, mosquitoes, and humidity runs rampant is beyond dumb. Warm weather can feel nice for about 3 minutes before the aforementioned takes over and it becomes useless.
It’s gonna snow two times in March! The GFS is looking $$

Yeah pulling for weather where bugs, mosquitoes, and humidity runs rampant is beyond dumb. Warm weather can feel nice for about 3 minutes before the aforementioned takes over and it becomes useless.
I feel like 72/50 is better weather for being social outside, getting side pieces, outdoor activities and having fun playing sports vs 40s and low dews like I guess how you like (low T weather haha…) but maybe that’s just me

I feel like 72/50 is better weather for being social outside, getting side pieces, outdoor activities and having fun playing sports vs 40s and low dews like I guess how you like (low T weather haha…) but maybe that’s just me
I love my cold weather and a chance for some snow. BUT let’s all be honest with ourselves…It’s hard to enjoy outdoor activities like golf, swimming, tennis, etc in 40° weather.

Back