• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Michael

Going to be difficult to track his motion in the short term until the eye clears out, the way that deep convection is wrapping it will look like it's wobbling but man when it clears out it's going to be impressive

Going to be difficult to track his motion in the short term until the eye clears out, the way that deep convection is wrapping it will look like it's wobbling but man when it clears out it's going to be impressive
and friggin' scary (not a side comment either ... said from "been there done that" a few too many times) ...

Last banter unless something major occurs, but so interesting ...
This town is out of gas and Publix is inundated ... with a storm that's supposed to pass 150 miles west ... ever been snake bit?

Edit:
What an impressive line of demarcation ... :oops:

Screen Shot 2018-10-09 at 6.01.57 PM.jpg

Last edited:
6-10" for central NC. We saw that from Florence and that took 2+ days to achieve. Seems high but we will see.

View attachment 6840
I don't think it's impossible. Trough passing to the north and west, divergence over the area, possibly a weak jet streak coming up the apps, well above normal pwats, and a h7 and h85 flow off the Atlantic means a big left of track rain event.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

NAM 3 18z at 932 pressure and drifting slightly south on track compared to all other models.

HWRF 12Z 939

Tornado threats on the east side??
Anywhere north and east of the track. Im thinking there could be a max of tornado potential in eastern nc as the storm approaches late in the day. We may have some bands originating from the Atlantic with Cape in place from heating during the midday.

18z GFS really likes that 85 corridor for heaviest rains, sure is gusty in eastern NC too.

View attachment 6845 View attachment 6844
I do wonder if the gfs is pulling the system slightly NW in response to the heavy precip axis its developing in almost a collective feedback issue. Just a thought when looking at the gfs track vs say the UK seems euro.

Back